Just changed plugs and wires and had oil in wells

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 01:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just changed plugs and wires and had oil in wells

Well I just went out to finally change my well over due plugs and wires. I have 94k miles on my F-150 that I bought used and they were never changed. It started to run rough but I hardly drive it anymore due to the gas milage compared to my beater car which gets 45MPG highway. I finally got some motorcraft plugs and autolite wires for it. In 2 of the wells I noticed alot of oil when I put the socket in to get the plugs out. Also on one of them on the driver side head there was engine coolant in it which shocked the crap out of me. I never seen anything like that before. Anyways I changed them anyways as I didn't really know why and what could cause this and even asked a few people and they were clueless about the coolant completely. Anyways I started the truck up and it smoked for a bit since some of the coolant ran into the cylinder and burned off. But after that no smoke and the truck runs perfect 10000 Times better then before with bad plugs. I am not burning oil at all or loosing any coolant either. I change the oil every 5k miles and I am never even a bit low when I change it. The truck pulls great now with the new wires and plugs and never ran better. I haven't checked those cylinders to see if the oil came back or the coolant came back though as I only drove it maybe 30 miles since the change as I just went for a quick test drive and today picked up some stuff at lowes in it. But does anyone know what could cause this? I believe it was cylinder 2,4, and 6 if I am not mistaking that had those problems. It's a 4.6L 4X4 in a 97 F-150. If anyone has any insight please let me know. Or if there is anything else I should do to the truck at this milage that would be nice as well.
Thanks
Lorenzo

Old 08-17-2004, 01:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New plugs and coil boots...

I just passed 70k, and will be doing the plugs and the coil boots (what I was told anyway) this Fall. While I'm at it, my cousin is going to clean the injectors with his new machine, and I'm guessing he will find a couple 02 sensors to change... About $500.00 for everything (if I need sensors...) From what I've been quoted, I'm getting a family discount. I can't wait though to have my full power back...

Quick Reply: Just changed plugs and wires and had oil in wells