PCV hose HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2003, 03:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PCV hose HELP!

Well im still having my rough idle while sitting intermittently usually after warm up i.e at stop light or in the Mcdonalds drive thru. No code yet but im expecting it. I cleaned the MAFS, ran injector cleaner thru it, put new pcv on it. I have located the hose and the elbow that goes in the back of the throttle body. ( Now im not the most mechanically inclined) . How does that elbow come out ? I tried pulling on it the best i could with the position its in but man that sucker didnt budge. Does the elbow pull out of the base rubber part? Do you need to jiggle it back and forth or use a pair of pliers to pull it out. I was told it might be actually melted a little bit by the parts guy.

I have the hose ordered. Neither my local Ford or Lincoln garage had the part. They said bot the Romeo and Windsor engines have two part numbers for the pcv hose assembly so they are just gonna wing it and order the most popular one. Well im hoping this will cure my intermittent idling problem. Thanks guys!

Dave
2000 F-150 XL SC 4x4 4.6L 3:31

Quick Reply: PCV hose HELP!