Stuttering during acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 11:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stuttering during acceleration

When I accelerate my engine will kind of stutter or kick back if you will. It's really the best way to explain it. Sometimes the kick will be strong enough to kick me forward into my steering wheel. I've noticed it kind of gets worse as the engine heats up. There are no check engine lights on or any other lights on for that matter. I have a 2011 V6 ecoboost. Any help on what might be causing this is greatly appreciated.

Old 09-12-2015, 12:05 AM
glc
Received 757 Likes on 702 Posts
If you have more than 40k on the spark plugs, change them. That's all they are good for. Gap them to .028.

Old 09-12-2015, 01:15 AM
Originally Posted by glc
If you have more than 40k on the spark plugs, change them. That's all they are good for. Gap them to .028.
I changed them about two months ago and gapped them all to .28. So I don't think spark plugs would be the issue. Wouldn't my rpms be going crazy all the time if it was a spark plug issue?

Old 09-12-2015, 10:39 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
First thing is to scan it for codes, not every code will set a CEL. Also, where are you located and what has the weather been like lately? How hard are you accelerating when it acts up? If you get harder on the throttle does it change at all?

Old 09-12-2015, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by Wookie
First thing is to scan it for codes, not every code will set a CEL. Also, where are you located and what has the weather been like lately? How hard are you accelerating when it acts up? If you get harder on the throttle does it change at all?
I live in Hawaii, and most days it's 80 and sunny. Sometimes there's rain, but not an immense amount.
I still feel kick back whether I barely press the pedal or if I full throttle it.

Old 09-14-2015, 01:43 PM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Rob_nylander
When I accelerate my engine will kind of stutter or kick back if you will. It's really the best way to explain it. Sometimes the kick will be strong enough to kick me forward into my steering wheel. I've noticed it kind of gets worse as the engine heats up. There are no check engine lights on or any other lights on for that matter. I have a 2011 V6 ecoboost. Any help on what might be causing this is greatly appreciated.
Hi Rob,

Does this happen every time you accelerate? If so, a wise next step would be to take a tech from your local Ford Dealership on a test drive so you can demonstrate it for them. How many miles are on your truck currently?

Crystal

Quick Reply: Stuttering during acceleration