Not Sure Where To Post This

Old 06-01-2015, 06:11 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Not Sure Where To Post This

Ok, some of you will remember my 2013 egoboost that's had more then its share of problems. Blown motor-terrible mileage for an eco- or any ford , a driveline shake shudder whatever on take off. Now it started doing this on decelaration at about the same speed slowing as taking off. Ford has no clue. Well i'm feed up and done with it. I've looked at ram - chevy, even a frickin Toyota but I still think ford builds the best and nicest trucks so back to ford . There is no way in hell that another ford can be as bad as the 13 ego. So here it is I took it in the shorts a little but traded it on a new 2015 f150, Lariat 157 inch w.b. 4x4 with the 5.0. In Ruby Red .black interior, Trailer tow,FX4 pkg, 501a equip group , bucket seat ,w/ floor shift , Navigation, 36 gal tank , heated/cooled seats , box step,chrome step bar, tailgate step,(yes i'm old) and a hole bunch more. Now the wait to be built and get here. Can't wait. And I pray to the ford gods that there is no more

Old 06-01-2015, 06:28 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Since you reference your old truck, I suppose this forum is as good as any to post your "goodby" thread. I'm really sorry you had such a bad experience with the ecobeast. I can say I'm loving mine and have about 1000 miles of driving on it with nothing but good things to say about it. It gets 17.5 mpg (hand calculated), runs quietly and has beautiful passing power. It's a pleasure to drive.

I'm sure your new truck will be much more to your liking, and, I can't help but think the old one was a "one off". I guess every manufacturer has to turn out a dud once in a while. Sorry you had to be the one to get it.

- Jack

Old 06-01-2015, 07:45 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Hope your new one is a good one.

Old 06-03-2015, 02:16 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
My '13 Eb is still purring like a kitten at 51k miles. Wouldn't even think about trading it for a NA motor, but hopefully the 5.0 delivers what you are wanting. The weight difference alone should be a big + to fuel mileage compared to 11-14's.

Keep us up to date.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Not Sure Where To Post This