Atp at-205 re-seal

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 07:43 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Question Atp at-205 re-seal

I have always been a firm believer in not using "SNAKE OIL" additives. Well, Techron and BG44K are the only exceptions.
I was in my local NAPA just recently (which caters mostly to farmers) and a farmer was picking up a case of this RE-SEAL. I started talking to him about it and he claims it actually works. He owns a fleet of machines for harvesting crops and uses it in all of them.
Has anyone else ever heard about this product or have used it?

ATP AT-205 Re-Seal Stops Leaks, 8 Ounce Bottle : Amazon.com : Automotive ATP AT-205 Re-Seal Stops Leaks, 8 Ounce Bottle : Amazon.com : Automotive

Old 01-10-2014, 07:51 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Link does not work.

Regardless - sounds like more SNAKE OIL.

From a quick search ( you should try it sometime): http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums...al#Post3110618

So - it EATS certain types of seals. Wow. Sounds like a great product, eh? So ask yerself - do you feel lucky?

BTW - this has jack-chit to do with V6's. Try Other Aftermarket / Powertrain ...or GD....

Good grief ....

MGD

Last edited by MGDfan; 01-10-2014 at 08:17 AM.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:00 AM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
I put a few ounces of TransX seal softener in the power steering system on a 1982 Firebird to stop the seal leak at the pump because I had pried on the pulley before finding the fourth bolt to loosen it. It stopped the leak almost instantly. One year later, both hoses were eaten up and leaking. The pump seal was leaking and the steering box was leaking. I had to replace the entire steering system that had been touched by that TransX. So, I would suggest that you not use it unless you have a leak and then flush it out once the leak is stopped.

Old 01-10-2014, 01:11 PM
Talking

Originally Posted by MGDfan
Link does not work.

Regardless - sounds like more SNAKE OIL.

From a quick search ( you should try it sometime):http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums...al#Post3110618

So - it EATS certain types of seals. Wow. Sounds like a great product, eh? So ask yerself - do you feel lucky?

BTW - this has jack-chit to do with V6's. Try Other Aftermarket / Powertrain ...or GD....

Good grief ....

MGD
MGD, did someone pi** in your Corn Flakes this morning, or, are you like this every day?

Old 01-10-2014, 05:03 PM
glc
Received 759 Likes on 703 Posts
He's always like that.

Old 01-10-2014, 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
MGD, did someone pi** in your Corn Flakes this morning, or, are you like this every day?
No.

But - yer special. The last few times I've attempted to reply and try to hep yall, ye never even bothered to to respond. Nada. Bupkis. You just disappear.

Yer manners leave a LOT to be desired - especially since we have BOTH been here for some time, and should be part of the Brotherhood by now. Hell - I even sorta git along with ol' Raptor - bless 'im and his relentless pursuit of knowledge. I Do respect that - very much.

Perhaps I expect too much - which is why I continue to respond to yer posts. In my own imitable way, of course.

GLC - you , if anyone, should know I am NOT 'always like that'. There is ALWAYS a reason. WTFF - Shame on y'all

Last edited by MGDfan; 01-10-2014 at 07:13 PM.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:27 PM
Wink

MGD, just for responding to my posts before and after.

Old 01-11-2014, 09:02 AM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Uh, in a word, no. This stuff is 100% by msds to be nothing more than a bottle of 100% Dow Carbitol. As such, it's an organic solvent. It's used in medicines, cosmetics, any place a mild solvent is needed. It's far from dangerous to any seals. Maybe the guy that claimed it damaged his seals already had damaged seals and the crud was all that was keeping his poorly maintained unit together. It's good solvent/cleaner but it's certainly not going to do anything but clean. It is not going to provide any seal swell agent to the seals so if you're using to condition seals, you bought the wrong product. A cleaner-yes, anything else is advertising hype.

Here's a vid of an intellectual in Canada that wants to teach you how to speak Canadian.

Old 01-11-2014, 09:43 AM
Originally Posted by Labnerd
Uh, in a word, no. This stuff is 100% by msds to be nothing more than a bottle of 100% Dow Carbitol. As such, it's an organic solvent. It's used in medicines, cosmetics, any place a mild solvent is needed. It's far from dangerous to any seals. Maybe the guy that claimed it damaged his seals already had damaged seals and the crud was all that was keeping his poorly maintained unit together. It's good solvent/cleaner but it's certainly not going to do anything but clean. It is not going to provide any seal swell agent to the seals so if you're using to condition seals, you bought the wrong product. A cleaner-yes, anything else is advertising hype.

Here's a vid of an intellectual in Canada that wants to teach you how to speak Canadian.
Speak like a Canadian - YouTube

First - thanks once again fer yer decipherin' of the MSDS. Perhaps someone should be so kind as to inform the Manufacturer of what's in their product - as they seem a tad clueless.

Second - it should not surprise anyone that you folks are somewhat bewildered by those who actually speak some form of the Queen's English, as opposed to the barely recognizable gibberish that passes as 'language' from down yonder.

I refer you to Exhibit 'A':

Originally Posted by Labnerd
... But then I agree to disagree with anything you say provided I'm not responsible and you are....but only on Monday nights if the cows don't come home and MGDFan is buying drinks......yeah, that's gonna happen.

Old 05-18-2014, 08:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a 2000 Accord that has oil leaks, will this product ATP-205 will work?

Old 05-19-2014, 12:22 AM
glc
Received 759 Likes on 703 Posts
I doubt it.

Old 05-19-2014, 07:17 AM
Thumbs up

My dad owns an 06 LTC, 4.6 V8, 110K miles. It started leaking oil from the RMS. Ford quoted him $900 and change to R&R it. Some one suggested he start using VML along with a bottle of Lubra-Moly. After about 5K miles/4 months the leak has completely stopped.

Quick Reply: Atp at-205 re-seal