Rough Idle at start-up

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 12:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rough Idle at start-up

I've got a new 2013 Ecoboost which has 1,050 miles on it. It seems to have a rough idle when first started until it warms up. I've been patient with it, figuring it might be something that clears up with a little more mileage on it.

Is this something normal where I should give it a little more time to work through?

Old 07-06-2013, 02:38 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by OFD8001
I've got a new 2013 Ecoboost which has 1,050 miles on it. It seems to have a rough idle when first started until it warms up. I've been patient with it, figuring it might be something that clears up with a little more mileage on it.

Is this something normal where I should give it a little more time to work through?
It may just be running a little rich when you first crank it up in the mornings(normal for the eco).. Start the truck from the passenger side and when it starts look to see if it has black smoke coming out of the tailpipe.. If so then thats probaly what the problem is... It seems like my 13 when it does have the rough idle is when i baby it the day before.. If i do some wipe open throttle it wont do it the next morning and i wont have black smoke.

One thing to check is the gap on the spark plugs also.. Seems like they have a wide range and not very close to spec..

Quick Reply: Rough Idle at start-up