EB p0430 question

Old 02-06-2013, 08:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EB p0430 question

Hey my truck misfired last Monday and finally threw p0430 code on Saturday. Took it to the shop on Monday and trey are telling me I need a new driver side catalyst and also the new CAC. They are saying it doesn't need to be driven until the CAC is replaced and they are on national back order. Does Anybody know if I can just replace the catalyst and roll on ? I haven't had the shudder issues like lots of ppl which is usually why the CAC is being replaced.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:22 PM
Also how would the EB perform if I put a Cat-less exhaust system on it and eliminated the possible issue of burning the cats up ? Thoughts

Old 02-06-2013, 08:43 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TOOLOUD
Also how would the EB perform if I put a Cat-less exhaust system on it and eliminated the possible issue of burning the cats up ? Thoughts
It wil run much better, but will require an aftermarket tune to run without cats. I have a Livernois tune and a catless downpipe on mine and it's a whole nuther beast than it was stock.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:14 PM
I have a Sct tuner already , but I am trying to find a way to eliminate the burning of the cats. I was told by my local dealer that the ethanol In our gas was causing some of the issues with the EB and that I should run a fuel stabilizer in every tank. Does that sound legit ?

Old 02-08-2013, 01:47 PM
Well I got lucky - my truck is fixed - had to replace my driver side catalyst and installed some new deflectors on my CAC She is running better than ever with the new catalyst apparently that was choking my EB down some.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: EB p0430 question