V-6 Ecoboost sluggish acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 08:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
V-6 Ecoboost sluggish acceleration

Hey guys and gals,

I recently purchased my brand new 2012 F-150 with the V-6 Ecoboost package this past October. I have about 9000 miles on her now, and this past week, I noticed that when I had to get into her with a hard acceleration, the engine bogged down and started to shudder as if it had a loaded cylinder or similar malfunction. I backed off since this was a first, and it didn't want to take the fuel even at normal acceleration. It cleared fairly quick, so I checked her again and it seemed to accelerate with all the power I needed, so I didn't concern myself with it again. A week went by, and just this evening, I had to get into it hard again, and it did the same thing. Now I'm concerned after reading a few posts. I plan to contact the dealer to gather some details and get this looked at. has anyone else had this issue, and if so, have you had it resolved with the dealership? I am one not to take any crap from the dealership, especially when it is under full warranty. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Ron

Old 12-17-2012, 10:10 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Several threads with similar issue. You are correct in taking it to the dealer. I think there is a TSB for it.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:19 AM
This is a common problem with the EB, and no there is no resolution yet. The dealership will check your cats and replace them if needed, check for an air deflector on the Intercooler, and they'll flash the computer. They may even go so far as to replace the IC with an updated one, but so far I haven't seen this problem resolved.

Old 12-18-2012, 05:24 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Several people on another forum have had the problem solved with the newest updated intercooler. Unfortunately there is now a 2 month backorder on this newest version.

Old 12-18-2012, 05:36 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by NASSTY
Several people on another forum have had the problem solved with the newest updated intercooler. Unfortunately there is now a 2 month backorder on this newest version.
Yikes.....2 month wait....

Old 03-14-2015, 10:50 AM
whats tsb

Originally Posted by Bluejay
Several threads with similar issue. You are correct in taking it to the dealer. I think there is a TSB for it.
hey guys whats the tsb

Quick Reply: V-6 Ecoboost sluggish acceleration