CEL Multiple Codes Rough Idle Oil in Vac Line

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 04:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question CEL Multiple Codes Rough Idle Oil in Vac Line

I have a 99 f150 4.2 v6 2wd with the M5OD. When i start my truck in the morning or after work, when the engine is cool, starts right up and runs just fine. But when i go to start my truck when the trucks warm, such as if i get gas convenient store etc, when i go to start it up it it takes 4 to 5 seconds to start and idles rough, when i give it gas from unpressed to the floor or anything quick from idle its bogs down it will rev but just after a second or too acts like its not getting fuel, when i drive it like that at give or take 1500 to 2k rpms it acts lie it is missing and jerks. If i baby the throttle or floor it it will not jerk or act like it is missing. When i shift, it jerks the hell out of me. and it only does this at about half trottle give or take. took to auto zone and have p0171 and p0174 also i think p0135 and p0141 cant remember the exact numbers for second part but it was heated oxygen sensor bank 1 sensor 1 and same for bank 2 sensor 1. also through a CMP sensor code but replaced whole synchro and no more code i am leaning away from vac leaks simply because i feel it would do it once the motor warms up and not once its already warm, if it is running fine i could drive for an hour or 2 and it wont do it but the second i restart the truck it hesitates. also replaced the infamous rubber 90 under TB 1 year ago or so? and it feels solid no leaks BUT WHEN I REMOVED IT TO BE SURE IT WAS GOOD I FOUND THE WHOLE ELBOW WAS FULL OF OIL. not sure what this means? but i did a propane and carb cleaner leak search and found nothing.. tested all lines and fitting 3 or 4 diff times and no leaks found, Ive replaced fuel filter, plugs and wires, cleaned K&N air filter and cleaned MAF with MAF cleaner also cleaned TB and IAC also cleaned injectors with Echlin Pro Cleen, all 4 o2 sensors replaced at 200k found PCV elbow on front drivers side didnt have a valve? was just a solid elbow and replaced with valve but that was last year now at 218k not sure what it could be all hoses look and feel good? Any help would be greatly appreciated

If it means anything, last month i blew my auto trans and threw m5od in it and PCM swapped from same year motor drivetrain and got PATS flashed to new pcm

Last edited by ODub93; 09-17-2012 at 05:02 PM.

Quick Reply: CEL Multiple Codes Rough Idle Oil in Vac Line