95 F150 4.9 5spd Clutch

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 10:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95 F150 4.9 5spd Clutch

I replaced the clutch, slave, pressure plate, and throwout bearing. We put it all back togeather and went to bleed the clutch and the peddel went straight to the floor with no pressure. So we replaced the master thinking that would do it. Well it didn't. We gravity bleed it for over 2 hours and it's half air and half fluid comming out at the bleeder with no pressure at the peddel. Checked all the lines for fluid comming out and can't see anything. Nothing leaking out of the transmission so i don't think it is the slave but we are stumped. This is my daily driver so any help would be great.

Old 08-08-2012, 11:25 AM
glc
Received 759 Likes on 703 Posts
Reverse bleed it. Use a hand pump style oil can with a hose on the bleeder screw and pump fluid through and out the top of the master cylinder.

Old 08-08-2012, 11:32 AM
would this get pressure back in the clutch? i had a buddy helping us and he's never seen anything like this in all the days he was racing. When we gravity bleed it like it says were suppose to it's half air and half liquid comming out for 3 hours straight which to me makes no sense. Also tried to bleed it like a regular hydrolic clutch but with no peddel pressure we get nowhere.

Old 08-08-2012, 09:13 PM
glc
Received 759 Likes on 703 Posts
You don't touch the pedal to reverse bleed it like that - you are forcing fluid through when you pump the can.

You sure you don't have a cracked line between the master and slave?

Old 08-09-2012, 11:58 AM
Best way to do it is to bleed the slave cylinder on the bench before installing it. Since in your case it's too late for that, take a pry bar (through the little access cover) and manually move the slave cylinder while bleeding it.

Old 08-10-2012, 11:21 AM
Ok now that Ive got that figured out. Had to pull the master off the wall and put it below the transmission and did it like a hydrolic clutch that way and got it in 10 min. Next question it has a 6" Skyjacker lift in it and my tires are towed in. Their are mounting bracket holes in the very front with 4 other holes that go up in the front besides the one it is on. I can't really explain this but will try to add pictures latter. But if i were to bring both the left and right side up a hole or 2 does anyone think that it will push the top of my tires out and straighten out my tires? Their wearing the inside of the tires out almost smooth.

Quick Reply: 95 F150 4.9 5spd Clutch