More turbo hiss please!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 06:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I vented my blow off valve to atmosphere on my 2014 ecoboost today. I noticed my mpg decreased from stepping on the gas too much to listen to the bov lol.
Here is a quick video I took of the sound:

Old 07-14-2014, 09:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Abraham5G
I vented my blow off valve to atmosphere on my 2014 ecoboost today. I noticed my mpg decreased from stepping on the gas too much to listen to the bov lol.
Here is a quick video I took of the sound:

2014 Ford Tremor BOV VTA - YouTube
Lol I did this too, and hooked my hoses back up after 1 drive with it. Just a MPG drainer hearing that noise lol.

Old 08-25-2014, 08:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Woo woooooo

Old 08-29-2014, 11:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I removed the card-board piece under the truck, while I was removing the piece of plastic which hangs down under the front bumper. I took the 'tornado' looking things out from each of the air intake tubes. ( remember the commercials back in the 90's for those things ).

lastly I removed the resonator. its the long pipe just after the cats. Tasca parts sells it. around 90.00 shipped to my door.

intake is still ' stock '
exhaust is still ' there ' including cats and original factory muffler. I did replace the TIP as the factory one was starting to look bad.

you can now hear the turbos a bit more. even more with the windows down with buildings around you. and when I stop. and am shifting manually. you can hear then spool down from the exhaust.

its not annoying at all, still quiet in the cab and around the truck. when your on the gas, it actually sounds a bit like a diesel, and doesn't sound ricer at all.

too me 10 mins to swap out the resonator. for a pipe which is actually a ford piece.

2013 Ecoboost platinum with 44K miles.

Quick Reply: More turbo hiss please!