Ecoboost fuse box

Old 06-15-2011, 03:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ecoboost fuse box

The owners manual says the fuse box is: located under the right hand side of the instrument panel. There is a picture of a panel to remove which looks nothing like any panels in my truck. I see a large fuse box under the hood which the manual calls the "power distribution box" and apparently is different from the fuse box. I want to pull the Sync fuse to reset the Sync system as it may help get Sync to recognize my ipods again (the live chat person "Dennis" on SyncMyRide.com advised me to pull the fuse for 3 minutes). So, am I retarded or what? I cannot find the fuse box the manual says contains the 15 amp Sync fuse so I can pull it.

Old 06-15-2011, 06:22 PM
The fuse box is on the right side of the front passenger foot well. The panel pops right off.

Good luck... I've had to reset my Sync system 3 times now. Not very happy with it.

Old 06-16-2011, 11:54 AM
Thanks Chris, I found it, pulled it, waited three minutes and now the iPod is working again - going through its long "indexing" during which it will only play one song. Hope I don't have to do this too often.

Old 06-17-2011, 12:59 PM
I know this is an "engine" forum, but just one more comment on this Sync issue. Yesterday, after pulling the fuse, the ipods did work, for one song. Then when I restarted the truck to go home after work, all the songs were there and would play, only with no sound output. I tried everything I could but no sound from the iPod (radio, CD/DVD, Sirius, Jukebox all had sound like normal). So I pulled the fuse again and now have sound and all the songs. So, I'm wondering, I know USB is supposed to be "hot swapable" but maybe I need to disconnect it before turning off the truck? or switch to a different media type (like radio or CD)? I just really don't know what is causing the "corruption" of the USB connection that happens intermittently. Any ideas out there?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ecoboost fuse box