Plug Wires

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 03:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Plug Wires

I have a 2002 F 1-50 w a 4.2 l v-6.
How in the world do you get the wires back behind the intake?

Old 08-19-2006, 11:55 PM
I had the same problem a short while ago. I tried for two hours to get my big hand back in there to pop the clip open. I ended up taking a long flat blade screwdriver and stuck it inside the clip, in between the clip itself and the wires. Then I just pulled upwards with the screwdriver, and it popped off after a few tries. Putting it back on is easier. It can be tricky, but just make sure the clip "snaps" back onto the little metal rod, and try not to drop it behind the engine. That would be bad. Leave the clip open so you can snap the wires back into it. When you get them in and where you want them, go ahead and snap it closed. Good luck.

Old 08-20-2006, 03:47 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cool

I don't run mine behind the engine anymore. I run them straight from the coil,above the valve covers,rite to the plugs. It looks alot neater and more professional.

Old 08-20-2006, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
I don't run mine behind the engine anymore. I run them straight from the coil,above the valve covers,rite to the plugs. It looks alot neater and more professional.
My Autolite Professional Series wires are routed just like it came from the factory. Nice, tight and clean. I like to keep it original. Ha,ha.

Quick Reply: Plug Wires