04 Lightning

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 08:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 Lightning

I am going to sell my 04 white L. I am asking 17,000. $'s 4 it. 59,000 + miles on it. It now runs good except have not got the clunk figured out and do not want to spend any more money. I own it outright. Can send pictures to email address only.
Thanks Mark.

Old 04-18-2011, 12:32 PM
Clunk while turning or what?

Old 04-18-2011, 07:55 PM
clunk

The clunk usually happens when making a inclined right had turn as into a driveway. The dealer had the truck for a day and half several months back but could not find the problem. I can take it to a body shop that I know as they told me they could find it for sure. Just don't want to spend any more money on the truck. Had and engine check light come on and took it to the dealership and they checked it out and said it need a MASS AIR SENSOR, and EGR valve. I had my mechanic install recommended items and the light came back on. I then let my mechanic do the research and replaced a OX SENSOR. That worked and know check light now for last month and a half. Truck runs good except the mysterious clunk. The other reason I want to sell it, is the gas is getting very, very expensive here in Caleeeee. It is now almost 4.50 per gallon and going up every day. That is Caleee.
The truck is white in color and has about 59500 miles on it. It is real clean for a 7 year old truck. If you are interested let me know and can send pictures to an email address.
Thanks Mark.

Old 04-19-2011, 11:55 AM
Sorry to get your hopes up, but the reason for my post was two-fold. I had been unable to post replies for a little while and wanted to test it out, and the second is that I have heard of this clunk before and you may be able to do some research. People have talked about adding washers under the front end and were able to kill the clunk. Good luck, I wish I could afford a second vehicle like yours.

Old 04-21-2011, 08:06 PM
clunk

Washers have been put in and clunk is still there. The washers are in the front left A arm. This clunk is actually in the rear of truck, on the right side. I am sure that it is the suspension somewhere. The links that hold the rear sway bar have been replaced. I still think it is with the bar, just hate to spend money on it at this point. Will see if I change my views on selling the truck.
Thanks.
Mark

Old 06-06-2014, 01:12 PM
look at your rear leaf springs my 2000 had the same problem

Quick Reply: 04 Lightning