need a price check on an 04 xlt 4x4 pretty please

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 09:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need a price check on an 04 xlt 4x4 pretty please

Truck has 130k miles. Very scratched up, the interior is trashed. There is no radio(they said it was stolen while on the lot) has a pro comp lift w/coil overs. The wheels loo very new, the tires are rand new. The truck has some other paint/cosmetic issues. The first time I was there I didn't drive it or start it because of those issues. But the longer it sits there the more I think I can get them to deal. It has been on the lot since late april and they re asking 15998.

Name:  f1504.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  77.6 KB
Name:  f1503.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  64.5 KB
Name:  f1502.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  75.9 KB
Name:  f1501.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  68.6 KB

Old 09-11-2013, 09:25 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Assuming the engine and transmission check out, that would go for about $5000 to $6000 around here.

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup

Old 09-12-2013, 02:13 PM
glc
Received 759 Likes on 703 Posts
Book value in "fair" condition is about 9k, and that's worse than fair.

Old 09-12-2013, 06:12 PM
I figured that. Its a kia dealer that Is a huge used car lot as well. Most of their trucks and cars are overpriced.Its Hollywood kia. There is not a single used truck that doesn't have issues

Old 09-12-2013, 07:50 PM

$16k is insane, but that's a starting price. I think 9-10k would be it on that. I work at a dealership and we bought a 2004 4X4 XLT, lifted, in worse shape with 140k and I want to say we paid $6-7k for it. And it had the CEL on, the bumper was warped from a front end impact, and the interior was legitimately trashed (makes that one look fine)

I wouldn't buy it purely because the last owner more than likely beat the **** out of that. The truck we bought was trashed and I talked to the seller for a few hours and found out what all the truck had been through to look that way (not involved with sales or buying trade ins). You can find a comparable truck that was taken care of properly and looks great for the same money. I also wouldn't buy a truck from a dealership that would post pictures of or have a vehicle on the lot for sale without removing the freakin' air freshener tree and nasty/dirty Browning steering wheel cover. Additionally, you can't sell a "$16k" truck without a radio, or at least compensation for a suitable replacement.

Last edited by KMAC0694; 09-12-2013 at 11:56 PM.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:41 PM
Originally Posted by Bluejay
Assuming the engine and transmission check out, that would go for about $5000 to $6000 around here.

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup
Have they gotten that cheap? Here's cheapest 04 4x4 i see on dallas cl.
http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/cto/3997839525.html
http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/4014363253.html

Last edited by Need4racin; 09-12-2013 at 11:47 PM.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Need4racin
Have they gotten that cheap? Here's cheapest 04 4x4 i see on dallas cl.
http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/cto/3997839525.html
http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/4014363253.html
They haven't. Used prices are still very high on these. If that truck were in better shape, it would still be a $14-15k truck.

And now that I'm looking at the pictures on my laptop instead of my phone, it doesn't appear to look THAT bad. I'm sure it looks much worse in person, but I was expecting it to appear to be in worse condition. That thing has also been sitting on that lot for a while for a reason - nobody else thinks it's worth that either. But that's been included in your thinking that you can strike a deal with them. Whether you end up seriously inquiring about that vehicle, or another, make the investment to have a certified/trusted mechanic check the entire vehicle out on a lift. That's a 100% necessity, especially with a banged up, lifted, high mileage 4X4

Old 09-13-2013, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by KMAC0694
They haven't. Used prices are still very high on these. If that truck were in better shape, it would still be a $14-15k truck.

And now that I'm looking at the pictures on my laptop instead of my phone, it doesn't appear to look THAT bad. I'm sure it looks much worse in person, but I was expecting it to appear to be in worse condition. That thing has also been sitting on that lot for a while for a reason - nobody else thinks it's worth that either. But that's been included in your thinking that you can strike a deal with them. Whether you end up seriously inquiring about that vehicle, or another, make the investment to have a certified/trusted mechanic check the entire vehicle out on a lift. That's a 100% necessity, especially with a banged up, lifted, high mileage 4X4
Thats why i went to see it, because it didnt look THAT bad. In person, it does. The front grill and surround, used to be chrome. Someone did a bad BAD paint job on it. The interior smells like a straight up sweaty locker room with stains EVERYWHERE. The only thing that is perfect are the rims and tires. I know the tires are brand new and two window regulators are new because i found the receipts in the truck from the previous owner. I know its a used truck and im not expecting it to be perfect, but they are asking top dollar and its not even close.

Old 09-13-2013, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by chupa1104
Thats why i went to see it, because it didnt look THAT bad. In person, it does. The front grill and surround, used to be chrome. Someone did a bad BAD paint job on it. The interior smells like a straight up sweaty locker room with stains EVERYWHERE. The only thing that is perfect are the rims and tires. I know the tires are brand new and two window regulators are new because i found the receipts in the truck from the previous owner. I know its a used truck and im not expecting it to be perfect, but they are asking top dollar and its not even close.
Yeah, honestly I'd just take a pass on it and walk away

Quick Reply: need a price check on an 04 xlt 4x4 pretty please