The Rules for Truck of the Month

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 01:16 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The Rules for Truck of the Month

Welcome to the first of what may be many Truck of the Month competitions. This competition has been organized by the staff of f150online.com who was directly responsible for putting the trucks that you, the members, are going to be voting upon for the coveted trophy.

Here's a brief run-down of the rules:

1. Each member of the site is allowed to vote once. Multiple votes (using multiple usernames) will be met with disciplinary action. In short, I expect there to be absolutely no ballot padding or other forms of cheating.

2. Each member who has been nominated *will* have a vote but may not vote for his/herself. Each staff member *will* have a vote.

3. Members for the first TOTM contest were selected by f150online.com staff because of their outstanding contributions to the site or their outstanding truck. We did our best to get a nice cross-section of what we have on the site. The candidates for the next months' contest will be selected from members who are in good standing on the site and participated in the previous months' contest. Staff members will be responsible for selecting the next candidates.

4. All trucks that win TOTM will go in for the annual TRUCK OF THE YEAR award which will be held simultaneously with the January 2010 TOTM contest. The TOTY will receive a unique trophy beside their username demarcating that they have won the prize (sorry, no all expense paid trips to Cancun this year!).

5. There is to be absolutely no self-promotion. This means that, if you're in the contest, you may not recruit members to join with the sole purpose of voting for your truck. Further, you (as a candidate for TOTM) may not self-promote within new threads, existing threads, or elsewhere. Candidates found promoting themselves will be removed from the competition.

6. The staff at f150online.com are running this contest. We aren't obligated to make everyone happy but will do our best to run a clean, fair, and exciting contest. We are the rule makers and, as such, if difficult decisions have to be made, we will make them. Our decisions are final.

7. While this contest is for fun, we understand that there may be some friendly competition. We encourage that. We still must abide by the site rules as part of this contest. That means, no individual 'call outs', swearing, or other material that is detrimental to the site, the site owners, or others.

8. In the event of a tie, I will flip a coin. Prior to flipping, heads & tails will be assigned to each of the two leading finishers. Winner wins. If we have three or more that are tied, the winning vote will be placed by my daughter. She's 28-months old and doesn't give two flips about vehicles, trucks or anything other than her kitchen set and eating dinner. I'll print out the three photos and will allow her to pick. I'll do my best to document the winner via this methodology but, you'll just have to trust me that I'll do it as fairly as possible; I assure you, it'll be random (anyone who has ever had a kid knows that it will be...).

9. There will be some 'seat of the pants' decisions that are made as we progress, these will be handled by the staff at the site on a case by case basis. Again, our decisions are final.

10. Truck of the Month or Year awards are considered to be a 'perk' to the site. If the winner later is involved in activity or behavior that is not becoming of the site, the site members, sponsors, or others, we can, at any time, strip the member of their award. At that time, the member will not be eligible for the Truck of the Year voting (if applicable).

11. Once a candidate selects a photo (which must be hosted at f150online.com) to be used for voting reasons and the contest has started, he/she will NOT be allowed to change the photo.

All of that said, best of luck to our candidates!

-Rockpick-
f150online.com Administrator

Last edited by Rockpick; 12-08-2009 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Edited #3
Old 02-24-2009, 02:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One word. Awesome! Good Luck to everyone who is nominated!

Old 02-24-2009, 02:22 PM

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
the rules sound fair and easy enough to understand and abide by

thanks for the hard work Rock Pick, Bluejay, Stealth and other unseen staff

Old 02-24-2009, 02:28 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Nobody's nominating ? Is this the right place? I'll come back later.

Last edited by jbrew; 02-24-2009 at 02:42 PM. Reason: ?
Old 02-24-2009, 02:51 PM
The nominees have already been picked for this month. Just a matter of time untill they anounce who they are and open up voting.

Old 02-24-2009, 03:54 PM
Thanks F150online staff for going through with this and Raptor for bringing it up again.

Old 02-24-2009, 04:03 PM
Sounds pretty

Old 02-24-2009, 04:07 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No will the voting time period along with the nominees be posted at a later date?

Old 02-24-2009, 04:10 PM
Suspended
Are we going to just have one competition, or multiple categories?

I.E. Lifted, Stock, Lowered, body style, or something to create more categories. That way more people can compete and will give a wider variety. Otherwise people with stock trucks will never have a chance to win no matter how good there site input it.

Old 02-24-2009, 04:26 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by squirtbottle09
Are we going to just have one competition, or multiple categories?

I.E. Lifted, Stock, Lowered, body style, or something to create more categories. That way more people can compete and will give a wider variety. Otherwise people with stock trucks will never have a chance to win no matter how good there site input it.
It was decided that we needed to start off with something simple and see how it goes, so no, there are not separate catagories. We will see if the winners don't come up with a variety as they chose the next month's nominations. It can always be tweaked later on, if need be. It was even discussed that we could have a different catagory for each month, lifted, lowered, stock, Lightning, pre 1997, etc. Let's get it going and see how it works out.

Old 02-24-2009, 04:39 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by 1fast4.6
The nominees have already been picked for this month. Just a matter of time untill they anounce who they are and open up voting.
Their picked, - just not on display yet. Alright, I got it now. Thought that's what the first paragraph meant, but I couldn't find nominees... I satrted searching/ thinking to much, then something came loose... - Had to go.

All set , thanks!

Old 02-24-2009, 04:48 PM
Global Moderator &

Yep, nominees are all picked and everything is very close to being ready to kick off. It is going to be very difficult to pick one out of the nominees. There are some great trucks on this site.

Old 02-24-2009, 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by Bluejay
Yep, nominees are all picked and everything is very close to being ready to kick off. It is going to be very difficult to pick one out of the nominees. There are some great trucks on this site.
Soooooooooo I won already right?

Old 02-24-2009, 04:51 PM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by Jditta
Soooooooooo I won already right?
Nope, but neither did I!

Old 02-24-2009, 04:53 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by dirtyd88
No will the voting time period along with the nominees be posted at a later date?
Voting will cease at 9pm on Friday. This one is very short because we got a late start. Next month's will run a bit longer.

Nominees will be posted TONIGHT at 9pm EST in the TOTM forum.

Quick Reply: The Rules for Truck of the Month