The Rules for Truck of the Month

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 07:16 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by esf
I agree with MT but at the same time, to the people that it will create a problem with, I say grow up.
Can someone provide me with some reasoning on why the votes should *not* be public? In my view, it deters 'popularity' voting and further keeps the full disclosure thing that so many of you know and appreciate (seemingly).

For now, I simply don't see a reason to keep it as a private vote.

Old 02-24-2009, 07:25 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Is the voting going to be a post that says i want to vote for "Mr xxxxxxxx" or will it be the traditional "poll style" with a constant tally rolling with the bar graphs and all that jazz?

BTW i never got my nomination PM

Old 02-24-2009, 07:26 PM
esf
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I could care less either way. I just agree that some people might get their panties in a bunch if certain people that they would expect to vote for them, do not. As stupid as that sounds, it'll probably happen. That's why I say to those, grow up. I've seen forums turn in to popularity contests before because of stuff like this. Granted the community consisted of a very different type of people, so it shouldn't be too much of a concern here.

Old 02-24-2009, 07:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i look forward to voting and seeing how this turns out

Old 02-24-2009, 07:47 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
I'm rather confused. Actually... really confused.

Where do I enter my truck for TOTM?

This is quite confusing...

Old 02-24-2009, 08:18 PM
esf
I'm confused as to how others are getting confused.

You don't enter your truck. It get's picked and you're notified. There are only 5 per month that will get picked. The winner gets to pick the following months contestants. If he chooses not to, then the f150online staff will choose them.

Old 02-24-2009, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by Rockpick

4. The winner of this month's contest will be responsible for choosing the candidates for the TOTM honor for March, 2009. If he/she declines to pick, f150online.com staff will select FIVE candidates for the next contest.

-Rockpick-
f150online.com Administrator

Old 02-24-2009, 08:21 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by Patman03SprCrw
Is the voting going to be a post that says i want to vote for "Mr xxxxxxxx" or will it be the traditional "poll style" with a constant tally rolling with the bar graphs and all that jazz?

BTW i never got my nomination PM
It'll be a poll. No way in Hati that I'm going to go through and count all the votes as posts.

As for your PM, better luck in March.

Originally Posted by esf
I could care less either way. I just agree that some people might get their panties in a bunch if certain people that they would expect to vote for them, do not. As stupid as that sounds, it'll probably happen. That's why I say to those, grow up. I've seen forums turn in to popularity contests before because of stuff like this. Granted the community consisted of a very different type of people, so it shouldn't be too much of a concern here.
Understood and concurred. I know I can't make everyone happy with this decision - I accept that - but, if someone can sway me to the point of changing my mind about the votes being public versus private -- well, I'm open to just about anything and really would like to have feedback. Of course, however we start; we'll finish. So, there's 40 minutes to convince me to make them private.

Originally Posted by ManualF150
I'm rather confused. Actually... really confused.

Where do I enter my truck for TOTM?

This is quite confusing...
We've already sent out PMs to those who were nominated for TOTM February. The winner of February's will have the option to pick 5 trucks for TOTM or can defer it back over to the f150online.com staff and we'll pick again. To get this moving and in the spirit of compeition, Stealth, Bluejay, and I picked the candidates (6 have responded thusfar) for this contest -- set to start in under 40 mins.

Old 02-24-2009, 08:23 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by esf
I'm confused as to how others are getting confused.

You don't enter your truck. It get's picked and you're notified. There are only 5 per month that will get picked. The winner gets to pick the following months contestants. If he chooses not to, then the f150online staff will choose them.
Tiny correction - although anomolous - this contest will have AT LEAST 6. 8 were notified but I've only heard back from 6.

BTW, for the official record, if you're nominated and don't make the deadline to accept your nomination, you do not get preferential treatment for the next TOTM run.

Old 02-24-2009, 09:48 PM
I disagree with these B/S F-150 only rules.

Old 02-24-2009, 09:53 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by Zaairman
I disagree with these B/S F-150 only rules.
Honorary nominee - Zaairman & his Cavi.

Old 02-24-2009, 09:56 PM
Honorary nominee - Zaairman & his Cavi.
$20 says its had more offroad time that both the lifted trucks in the running...

$50 says its had more air time than all of the trucks in the running

$100 says it has more miles than any of the trucks in the running

Old 02-24-2009, 10:08 PM

Well... I think I figured it out... it needs to be in a Gallery. Am I right?

Old 02-24-2009, 10:22 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by ManualF150
Well... I think I figured it out... it needs to be in a Gallery. Am I right?
You photo would preferentially be hosted on the f150online.com gallery system but, it's not yet required - although it may be in the future to keep it simple.

Old 02-24-2009, 10:30 PM

You photo would preferentially be hosted on the f150online.com gallery system but, it's not yet required - although it may be in the future to keep it simple.
I made one anyways... I never made one... I don't know why either.

But I guess I can keep some decent pictures of my truck in there... but I got to find some... but I put one in there for now with my ugly mugshot with my truck.

Thanks though.

Edit:

We've already sent out PMs to those who were nominated for TOTM February. The winner of February's will have the option to pick 5 trucks for TOTM or can defer it back over to the f150online.com staff and we'll pick again. To get this moving and in the spirit of compeition, Stealth, Bluejay, and I picked the candidates (6 have responded thusfar) for this contest -- set to start in under 40 mins.

Oh, ok... now I'm totally cleared up!

Thanks again!

(Took me a little to figure out you responded to me earlier...)

Last edited by ManualF150; 02-24-2009 at 10:34 PM. Reason: I am either slow, or need new glasses...

Quick Reply: The Rules for Truck of the Month