Is the 5 speed crap?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2003, 09:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the outo tranny might be a problem with the dodge but they are still much better than fords.I would never givie up my dodge for a ford, my dodge is much better

Old 04-14-2003, 09:15 AM
I have never owned a Dodge but I have worked with people who did and all I ever heard was how they were constantly at the dealer due to bad rear ends or transfer cases. I don’t know how you feel about consumer reports but Fords reliability is rated excellent and the Dodge is absolutely horrible. My father was set on buying a new Hemi ram 1500 even though I tried to dissuade him but when he read the ratings of the Dodge ram in Consumer reports he decided not to get it. I was able to talk him into an 03 F-150. He got it a month ago and he loves it, it’s a sweet truck. If anyone is ever on the fence about a Ford, GM, or Dodge they should take a look at the past maintenance history of all the trucks in Consumer Reports. My F-150 has the same reliability as my girlfriend’s Camry!! That is just plain amazing!!

I still love my truck.

Old 04-14-2003, 09:32 PM
All I can say about consumer reports is they can be purchased by the highest bidder.Just like my ford dealer. They got the blue oval award they certainly did not earn it.they baught it. There service sucks. Any body in my area can say the same thing. I have had about 15 ford trucks they all sucked. I lived in the shop with them. My chevys never seen the shop. My Dodge is the best truck I have ever had. Maybe it is because I have the cummings diesel. I have no idea why. But I will never get another ford.The 5 speed problem with mine convinced me that fords are a piece of sh-t.I'll keep my Dodge.Instead of consumer reports I would rather talk to people that have owned all 3 brands of trucks. They can give an honest opinion. Not one that is paid for.

Last edited by dhouck; 04-14-2003 at 09:37 PM.
Old 04-15-2003, 07:50 AM
Dhouck,

I think you are way off base here. I understand that companies do pay people off to get better ratings however I do not think it is the case with Consumer Reports. The F-150 is rated high but there are other Ford vehicles that have very poor ratings for example the Focus. The focus has a very poor reliability rating. I have been a subscriber to Consumer Reports since the 80’s and have “never” been steered wrong by them. Anytime I have purchased something that they recommended I have been happy with. On the other side of it if it I have looked up specific model and year vehicles that I have owned and 100 % of the time any trouble areas that were noted in CR’s was in fact accurate.

I’m not saying that Consumer Reports is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but it is a very accurate and accountable tool. Based on this is it absurd to say that Ford paid Consumer Reports to give the F-150 a high rating and the Dodge Ram a low rating. If that were so Chrysler would be going ****** nuts!! Chrysler would never stand for that.

So to conclude I stand behind my opinion that late model Dodges are extremely unreliable. I also think that they are overpriced. Dodge rams are not exactly a rare vehicle so I do base a good amount of my opinion on friends and coworkers. I am in the construction industry where 90% of the people drive trucks. Guess what is the most popular truck? That’s right……… Ford F-150!!!!! It’s not the most popular Because Ford paid people off either.

Dhouck, please take your Dodge Ram….. Shine it up real good……..nice and shiny…..then turn it sideways……and shove it up your azz.

Saying a Dodge is more reliable than an F-150 is not only wrong, it is insane.

Old 04-15-2003, 08:37 AM
You are right when you say that the dodge is high priced that is all. In my area it is much more popular than the f-150. that is because the ford truck is a piece of sh*t. I have both Dodge has bean in the shop 1 time in 7 years for a starter. the ford in 2 years has been in the shop about 30 times. Something is *****ed up hear I think.Ford is to *****ing stupid to come up with a fix for the door crack problem. they are also to *****ing stupid to come up with a fix for the 5 speed problem. So I guess you can take your f-150 shine it up and shove it up your azz.Because i'll take the better off the 2 trucks any day,and it will be my DODGE RAM. As I said before this is not my first ford all of my ford have been sh*t. And I work my Dodge a lot more than my ford. my ford could not handle the work my Dodge does

Old 04-15-2003, 09:04 AM
Dhouck,

You are right, Dodge IS the bestest truck in the whole wide world. Everyone knows that the Dodge Ram is a magical vehicle that never has problems …….and you don’t have to change the oil or wash it for it has magical fairies that take care of all the maintenance. The Ram is also blessed by they King of the fairy world who watches over all Dodge Rams and makes sure that everyone who owns one is happy and safe. The magical Dodge Ram is also free so anyone who wants one can just click their heels together and say…. Oh magical King of the fairy world please grant me with a magical Dodge Ram.

Its ok Dhouck, I won’t say the Dodge Ram is unreliable anymore…….because the magical fairly king has asked me not to. I guess I’ll just go blow up my Ford and wish for a Dodge.

Here’s some advice, try using spell and grammar check every once in a while……..actually just have the fairy king proof read for you.

Old 04-15-2003, 09:14 AM
Well, it seems that Dhouck has at least tried to be pretty civil, so I think we owe him the same. We all know that outside of his world, Dodge is **** from what I've seen heard from friends, family, etc., who made the mistake themselves, but there's no reason why he can't voice his opinion. Hey, at least it's a truck.

Although, if you've come to this conclusion based only on Mazda's POS 5-speed, then you really don't know all that much about trucks as a whole. After the Mobile 1 change, I have very little complaints about my 5 speed at 33,000 mi.

-AR

Old 04-15-2003, 02:50 PM
dhouck:

You are nothing more then a troll.

You most likely have NEVER owned a Ford in your life. You my friend are basically a lying sack of SH*T. Thats right you come here and LIE out your @ss.

Only problem is you don't **** me off because moron's don't **** me off. It is funny how you "owned" all kinds of Fords and had a problem with every single one of them, NOT no can be my friend. If you had maybe one Ford I could believe it, Lord knows there are alot of Chevy's and Dodge's sitting in a garage begging to see day light but not going to because they are lemons.

Everybody has lemons, Ford, Dodge, GMC, Chevy etc. So take your 13 year old, don't know sh*t about trucks, moron @ss out of here and visit a childs site, like Disney...

Old 04-15-2003, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Jackal
Well, it seems that Dhouck has at least tried to be pretty civil, so I think we owe him the same.

but there's no reason why he can't voice his opinion. Hey, at least it's a truck.

-AR
I would respectfully disagree.

I do NOT think some troll "Dhouck" should have any reason to voice his/her opinion. If he/she actually owned a Ford at this moment and had a problem then fine.

This moron is to stupid to own a Ford, and therefore does NOT belong on F150online, no more then I have a right to belong to some Chevy site to bash their trucks not knowing all the facts.

Old 04-15-2003, 02:56 PM
Hey dhouck you from France?

That would explain it...

Old 04-15-2003, 03:35 PM
No response from Dhouck, maybe the fairy Dodge princess time warped him back to magical Dodge land?

Old 04-15-2003, 03:42 PM
JMC
Technical Article Contributor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Be nice to him! He rode the short bus to school.

JMC

Old 04-15-2003, 05:36 PM
Would that be a ford short bus?

Old 04-15-2003, 05:37 PM
You are right every truck company makes lemons.Maybe I have been lucky with my dodge.Maybe my friends also have been lucky with there dodge trucks .I am just saying I have had a lot of fords and had nothing but trouble with them.My father also has had more trouble with the fords he owned. In 2000 he got a new chevy silverado. He has had no problems with it. Except for a couple minor recalls.I currently Have a 97 dodge,and a 2000 F-150 I have had much better luck with my dodge that is all I'm trying to say

Old 04-15-2003, 05:52 PM
JMC
Technical Article Contributor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by dhouck
Best thing to replace it with is a dodge.My dodge shifts smooth as silk,and it is a heavy duty truck. with a diesel in it. My ford 5 speed is a piece of sh*t. I'll never own another ford
Apples to oranges. If it is a Diesel then it is not a ½ ton pickup. Try comparing it to a SuperDuty. I will agree with you that the Mazda POS tranny is weak but so is the Dodge & Chevy ½ ton.

Jean Marc Chartier

Quick Reply: Is the 5 speed crap?