Od/trans fault light

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2016, 12:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Od/trans fault light

I have a 2007 F150 FX4 XLT w 5.4l. I have had the truck 2 years and am on the 2nd transmission rebuild. The OD/TRAns FAult light blinks constantly, normal driving,towing , have flushed the coolers, no sludge buildup, replaced the alternator as it threw a power gen code fail, now its doing it worse. The transmission shop says its something electrical and they can look for about 150hr. they already took 9k from me on 2 trannys. second one went 7 days out of warranty. Im scratching and banging my head on this, towing is in flat land on the texas coast and boat weights 4,500lbs.

Old 08-31-2016, 08:25 AM
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Dude, $9k on 2 transmissions?!?

I can't get that much for a transmission that's custom built for a 1500hp Mustang and those come with a lifetime labor warranty. Holy heck.

There is NO reason for this. See if you can find someone close with an SCT tuning device or a manufacturer specific scan tool to read out the code(s) A shop should do that for around $50-$100 if they are just getting the codes for you.

Old 09-19-2016, 05:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its been 3 trannys since purchased 1 before i bought it, 2 full replacements and 1 rebuold QUOTE=Darrin Burch;5201616]Dude, $9k on 2 transmissions?!?

I can't get that much for a transmission that's custom built for a 1500hp Mustang and those come with a lifetime labor warranty. Holy heck.

There is NO reason for this. See if you can find someone close with an SCT tuning device or a manufacturer specific scan tool to read out the code(s) A shop should do that for around $50-$100 if they are just getting the codes for you.[/QUOTE]

Originally Posted by JPALBARADO
I have a 2007 F150 FX4 XLT w 5.4l. I have had the truck 2 years and am on the 2nd transmission rebuild. The OD/TRAns FAult light blinks constantly, normal driving,towing , have flushed the coolers, no sludge buildup, replaced the alternator as it threw a power gen code fail, now its doing it worse. The transmission shop says its something electrical and they can look for about 150hr. they already took 9k from me on 2 trannys. second one went 7 days out of warranty. Im scratching and banging my head on this, towing is in flat land on the texas coast and boat weights 4,500lbs.

Quick Reply: Od/trans fault light