2007 transmission malfunction light

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2016, 09:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 transmission malfunction light

Hey y'all,

Three days ago I purchased my first ford, it is a 2007 Ford F-150 lariat, v8 with a 5.4 triton engine. The truck has 138,000 miles on it and it drives like a champ, no problems whatsoever. However on my way back to the deals hip the other day my transmission malfunction light popped on. Of course the deal ship took it to their people to get it looked at and said nothing was wrong and they reset the code. However I'm skeptical about this because unfortunately car salesmen don't have a very good reputation when it comes to honesty. Basically at this point I'm not sure what to do , if it pops up again I planned on taking it to a transmission of my own to get the codes read, but I would like some insight on this as they said this is common with the 2007 series but I have found nothing on the internet stating that. If y'all could help me out and give me some input that would be greatly appreciated!

Old 08-17-2016, 11:33 PM
glc
Received 756 Likes on 702 Posts
It's common when there's an actual problem. If it happens again, get the code read and post it.

Old 08-19-2016, 04:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by glc
It's common when there's an actual problem. If it happens again, get the code read and post it.
Thanks glc, will keep you updated once I have time to find out more.

Quick Reply: 2007 transmission malfunction light