New Tranny and now 4WD issue... Help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 07:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Tranny and now 4WD issue... Help!

Hey guys. I had a local shop put in a reman tranny in my '08 XLT 5.4 L. Reverse was out and it was almost as much to have it rebuilt with one year warranty vs. a reman with 3 years. I made sure everything (4WD being the issue here) worked when I dropped it off. Picked it up yesterday mid day took it out for a little cruise and my 4WD will not engage. Transfer case does not sound like its trying to engage at all. The guys at the shop are willing to work with me but they have no idea what could be wrong. Its not throwing any codes on their scanners and we have power to the transfer case. I am going to run to another shop that I trust here in a little bit when they get in. I'm sure that somewhere on the forums is something similar (and I will continue to look) just hoping that someone on here might be able to give me a quick answer. Thanks for any input!

Old 11-25-2015, 09:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuse? Iwe? My 4wd stopped working at the same time my ac did. Turned out that both are on the same fuse. Maybe it something that simple for you as well.

Old 11-27-2015, 11:00 AM
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
I'm betting it's electrical too.

D

Quick Reply: New Tranny and now 4WD issue... Help!