4r70w speed sensor stuck

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 11:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4r70w speed sensor stuck

Yet another easy project that isn't!
I need to remove this sensor, but the &$#! thing is stuck. Any suggestions aside from removing the drive shaft to get at it better? I'm afraid to pry on it for fear of breaking it. All I can get it to do is rotate back and forth, but it won't budge a fraction of an inch out!

Old 11-16-2015, 08:24 AM
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
You're going to have to pry on it some. Be gentle as you can, but use a screwdriver and try and rotate it while doing it.

D

Old 11-16-2015, 09:23 AM
Originally Posted by Darrin Burch
You're going to have to pry on it some. Be gentle as you can, but use a screwdriver and try and rotate it while doing it.

D
Due to corrosion, getting the drive shaft out won't be easy, but I don't think I have a choice. I wondered if a warm transmission might make the o - ring more pliable. ? Hopefully the exhaust will cool off enough for me to get at it.

Old 11-16-2015, 10:45 PM
I can do an engine swap, install long tubes, custom exhaust, tuning, etc, but can't get this f ' in sensor out! I gave up. I can't find anything that will get in there or leave me enough room to pry. I've said it before and will say it again, this generation of truck is a joke to work on!

Quick Reply: 4r70w speed sensor stuck