4R70W Trans cooling line diagram

Old 09-04-2015, 12:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4R70W Trans cooling line diagram

Newbie to Ford trucks after 1985 and Automatic Transmission work here. I've rebuilt manual gearboxes, but have never wrenched on an AT at all.

Does anyone have a diagram of the cooling line layout for the 4R70W trans in a 2002 2WD 4.2 ?

I've got a small (so far) showing up as accumulation of fluid on the lines directly behind what I'm assuming is the aux cooler. I know just enough about auto trannies to know that this is a disaster waiting to happen and needs to be addressed.

I'm hoping that a diagram will help me sort out what I need to buy from Rock Auto and to begin a plan of attack.

I'm only seeing two lines plus the short inlet tube fitting available from RA for this trans, but it appears that there are three lines involved. On the truck, it looks like there's a line from the trans to the aux cooler, from the aux cooler to the radiator, and from the radiator back to the trans. All I see from RA are the 89" Outlet from Radiator, and the 58" inlet line (plus the additional inlet fitting part). Looks like the third Aux cooler to Rad is missing from their list. Do they simply not have it or am I looking at this all wonky?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 4R70W Trans cooling line diagram