F150 Lariat 06 Transmission slow to shift in Override

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 10:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F150 Lariat 06 Transmission slow to shift in Override

Hi

Lately I noticed in the morning the tranny is very slow to shift in override and when it finally does, I noticed the RPM are higher than normal at a certain speed, i.e. usually at 2K RPM I'll be going around 70 but today I noticed that I would be going around 65 and it's already at 2K and when I slow down, the RPM are still running higher than normal even though the speed has lowered.

No idiots light and the override switch does turn on/off.

The tranny was flush 2 years ago and never had any issues until this winter.

Hopefully it's not an overhaul

Old 04-13-2015, 06:04 AM
MDK
Does it still do it after the truck warms up to temp? Seems like it could be a number of issues. Trans not being up to temp, faulty sensors, and of course actual trans issues.

Does it do anything else? Weird noises, slipping, shuddering around 30-50mph? Those could be torque converter symptoms.

Old 04-13-2015, 07:03 AM
During this winter it would work fine once it was warm up but yesterday even after it was warm up, it still did it. There's no other sign of this issue except for noticing the RPM being higher than normal, no shuddering or slipping or weird noise. Hopefully it's just a sensor....fingers crossed.

Old 04-13-2015, 10:42 AM
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
It's fairly likely that the computer is doing this based on sensor input since you are not getting an error code. I would bet that it isn't an actual transmission issue.

D

Old 04-13-2015, 04:29 PM
Truck is going to the dealer tomorrow, will post results.

Old 04-16-2015, 02:51 PM
Well! They performed an ECU flash and no errors then they performed a Stall check and the tranny pass so now they'll do a road test in the morning since the issue usually occurs in the morning so we'll see what happens.

Old 04-17-2015, 02:23 PM
Talk about a great dealership. They worked on the truck at least 5 hours yesterday and couldn't find anything wrong and they took the truck out for a ride this morning and again everything was good so I picked up the truck and expected a $$ bill for diagnostic and so on but they didn't charge me anything :-)
Drove the truck back home and is working fine now, think when they flash the ECU it put everything back to normal. I've never seen a dealership not charging a fee for even leaving the truck there overnight, talk about a great dealership.

Quick Reply: F150 Lariat 06 Transmission slow to shift in Override