2011 F150 Transmission Issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 06:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 2011 F150 Transmission Issues

Okay, so I bought a certified pre-owned 2011 3.7L v6 extended cab f150 back in march of this year with only 38,000 miles on it the day I drove off the lot. I've put just over 10,000 miles on it in the last 5 months that I have owned it, and I believe the transmission is already going out!

I mean is this a common issue??

I tow occasionally, but the heavies I've ever towed would be a bbq pit that I use for competition grilling, and that weighs in at just under 4k, well below the limit in the owners manual.
So what's the deal??

The main issue that I've been having with it is that if the RPM's get above 3500 and the truck goes to upshift and the rpms drop the whole truck jerks forward and makes a loud (BOOM) noise. It does it with or without a trailer on, so I'm not really sure what to think. The last time I had an issue like this on a truck the transmission needed to be replaced soon after. All I can say is thank god for the extended warranty!

Anyone have any opinions or experience with this same issue??

Thanks!

Old 08-26-2014, 06:02 PM
Yep, having that exact same problem. I have taken it to 2 different dealers and they can't find anything wrong with it. They tell me it is not throwing a code and they can't do anything for me.

Please let me know if you find anything out.

Old 08-27-2014, 12:03 PM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jcp1855
Okay, so I bought a certified pre-owned 2011 3.7L v6 extended cab f150 back in march of this year with only 38,000 miles on it the day I drove off the lot. I've put just over 10,000 miles on it in the last 5 months that I have owned it, and I believe the transmission is already going out!

I mean is this a common issue??

I tow occasionally, but the heavies I've ever towed would be a bbq pit that I use for competition grilling, and that weighs in at just under 4k, well below the limit in the owners manual.
So what's the deal??

The main issue that I've been having with it is that if the RPM's get above 3500 and the truck goes to upshift and the rpms drop the whole truck jerks forward and makes a loud (BOOM) noise. It does it with or without a trailer on, so I'm not really sure what to think. The last time I had an issue like this on a truck the transmission needed to be replaced soon after. All I can say is thank god for the extended warranty!

Anyone have any opinions or experience with this same issue??

Thanks!
Hey Jcp1855,

Have you spoke with your Ford Dealer about this? Shoot me a PM with your name, VIN, current mileage, dealer, and best daytime phone number; I'll have a look.

Originally Posted by xlt2011
Yep, having that exact same problem. I have taken it to 2 different dealers and they can't find anything wrong with it. They tell me it is not throwing a code and they can't do anything for me.

Please let me know if you find anything out.
Hey xlt2011,

I'll gladly look into this for you. Please PM your name, VIN, mileage, dealer, and best daytime phone number.

Nick

Old 01-23-2015, 07:00 PM
Just and update on the ongoing issue. Took it to a different dealer for what was the 4th time in the shop and they "reset the shift pattern" to resolve the issue. Guess what, it did not fix the problem. Still get the jerking when it goes to downshift. The service manager actually tried to tell me it was driver input but when I tild him a few other people have driven my truck and noticed the same issue he couldn't explain it. Looks like I will become a permanent fixture in the Ford service bay.

Old 02-09-2015, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by xlt2011
Just and update on the ongoing issue. Took it to a different dealer for what was the 4th time in the shop and they "reset the shift pattern" to resolve the issue. Guess what, it did not fix the problem. Still get the jerking when it goes to downshift. The service manager actually tried to tell me it was driver input but when I tild him a few other people have driven my truck and noticed the same issue he couldn't explain it. Looks like I will become a permanent fixture in the Ford service bay.
Hey I just bought a 2011 doing the same thing.. They had my truck for 17 days.. then said there is nothing wrong with it.. did you ever get a fix for this? They keep looking at me like I'm crazy I haven't even used a whole take of gas. Its been in there shop longer....then I have even had the truck. I figured they would do something for me but >>>NO. After five trips now bring it up to Management.. They decided to give me a rental. I love my truck ... it hit so hard I swear someone rear ended me, It made my wife and kids scream. But according to the dealer. "the truck is fine nothing wrong with it"

Purchased at Tomball Ford

Last edited by Kbarrett3553; 02-09-2015 at 09:09 PM.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:34 AM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Kbarrett3553
Hey I just bought a 2011 doing the same thing.. They had my truck for 17 days.. then said there is nothing wrong with it.. did you ever get a fix for this? They keep looking at me like I'm crazy I haven't even used a whole take of gas. Its been in there shop longer....then I have even had the truck. I figured they would do something for me but >>>NO. After five trips now bring it up to Management.. They decided to give me a rental. I love my truck ... it hit so hard I swear someone rear ended me, It made my wife and kids scream. But according to the dealer. "the truck is fine nothing wrong with it"

Purchased at Tomball Ford
Welcome to the forum, Kbarrett3553. I'd like to look into this to see what I can do to help. What's the current mileage on your truck?

Crystal

Old 02-16-2015, 09:25 AM
Kbarrett,

The service rep Crystal will open a ticket with customer service for you. After going back and forth with them they will tell you unless the dealership finds something wrong with the transmission they can't do anything for you. I have sent multiple emails and calls to have them extend my warranty to 100,000 miles if they believe there is nothing wrong with the product and they are willing to stand behind the dealer. My warranty will expire in 8,000 miles and I don't want to be left high and dry.

If you get anything from this please let me know how it was resolved and I will do the same.

Quick Reply: 2011 F150 Transmission Issues