4R75W 2004 F150 LARIAT Leaking

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 10:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
4R75W 2004 F150 LARIAT Leaking

So, I was installing some headers, and there was a mishap with Pacesetter, and OBX. So for three weeks total, while I fought and waited on shipping from both of these companies (and ultimately ended up with stock manifolds ) my truck was on jack stands, with the front in the air, no wheels, the rear on the ground. Grant it, it wasn't a steep angle, but an angle nonetheless.

When I started putting it back together, I noticed the transmission pan had fluid all over it, and it was pooling under my vehicle. SO, it was time for a service, I removed the pan, replaced the filter, and torqued everything back up. But the leaking didn't stop.

I've read that on the 2009's there is a bulk head that leaks, but I looked at mine, and it wasn't leaking. I'm sure it's not my pan leaking, it's coming from somewhere else, I just can't seem to find it. Has anyone come across this?

It has the same symptoms; leaks mostly if it's sat for two days or so without running, the stops!

I'm at a loss!

Have you seen this?

izzy

Old 07-16-2014, 12:57 PM
UPDATE***

I jacked it up a little today, and crawled underneath. There is a bulkhead/electrical connector on top of the transmission, on the passenger side. I pulled the plug, and it was filled with transmission fluid in the harness. Plus it's wet around and underneath. I'm sure this is where the leak is coming from.

Old 07-17-2014, 10:43 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
most likely the fluid is coming out of the Vent on top of the transmission when you jacked it up at an angle. I would clean the fluid off as best you can and see if it continues to leak.

Old 07-18-2014, 08:54 AM
I hope you're right, I didn't consider that, I'm goona look for that today if I can catch a break in the rain.

Old 07-20-2014, 12:01 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
just clean the suspected leak area with brake cleaner, top off the fluid and go for a test drive. then confirm there is no more leak.

Quick Reply: 4R75W 2004 F150 LARIAT Leaking