2012 ecoboost transmission issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 09:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 ecoboost transmission issues

I have a 12' ecoboost 4x4. I've been having problems with I'm guessing the transmission, the problem started I guess around 8 to 10k miles I now have 23k on it. When I stop at a red light or stop sign and go to take off it will go from 1st gear to 5th gear and won't go anywhere I will have to put truck in neutral for a second then back in drive for it to clear up. It has also begun to get stuck in 1st gear when pulling away from a red light or stop sign. It started out doing it occasionally and has started doing it more often and I don't know when it's going to do it so it's really became a safety concern for me. I have taken it to ford and they kept it for two days trying to get it to do it naturally it didn't do it for them.. They said it's not showing any codes and they couldn't do anything. Has anyone had these issues and if so any fixes? Thanks.

Old 01-13-2014, 09:57 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I'd take it back and tell them to keep it until it's fixed, as it IS a safety issue.

Concurrently I'd begin the escalation process through Ford's Warranty folks.

Be as ornery as you need to be - this ain't normal by a long shot. And it ain't gonna fix it self, but likely get worse...

MGD

Old 01-13-2014, 11:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Get it reflashed.

Old 01-13-2014, 11:03 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Yes, the fix may be as simple as a reflash and a decent dealer would be happy to do that.

Old 01-13-2014, 11:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah I thought it needed to be reflashed also but the said I had the "latest and greatest" software. I think I'm going to a different dealer and let them check it out. It's going to be a bad deal if it happens when pulling out in traffic.

Quick Reply: 2012 ecoboost transmission issues