05 Screw Shifter Problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 09:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 Screw Shifter Problem

I go to pull out from an intersection last night, hit the gas and no movement. let off then press it again and it takes off. happened once more on the way home at a red light. I get home and shifts to park fine. Now when I shift to drive I notice the shifter does not lock in place like it should. I have the column shifter and I can skim between reverse neutral and drive without pulling back on the shifter. It will not go from drive to 2nd without pulling the shifter back but it is floating between r n and d. I looked at the cable going to the linkage and the linkage moves when you pull the shifter its like it just doesnt fully click into place. i can grab the linkage under the truck and it acts the same way when moving it by hand.

Old 11-24-2013, 09:24 AM
Does this sound like a stretched cable issue or do I have a transmission problem?

Old 11-24-2013, 09:39 PM
90 views and zero replies? Oh well 20degrees here dropping it at the stealership. no one had the cable this weekend or I would have just swapped it.

Old 11-25-2013, 09:24 AM
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
How could it possibly be the cable?? All the cable does is move the lever when you move the shift handle. You said it does that. I suspect the detent mechanism inside the trans has failed.

Quick Reply: 05 Screw Shifter Problem