Need help with R&P and limited slip

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 01:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help with R&P and limited slip

Hi everyone. I have a 2007 F150 5.4 4x4. I have put a new motor and tranny (stock) in and am planning to run Raptor wheels/tires (~34" I believe). My rear end needs a rebuild so I am planning to rebuild with a new limited slip. My questions are:

1. What ring & pinion should I go with? I do quite a bit of highway miles but also blast down dirt roads chasing for the Score races.

2. What limited slip should I go with? I don't have the funds from the ARB air lockers. I want something comfortable on the highway but will help in the dirt.

Thanks for your help!

Old 11-19-2013, 09:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by radelow
Hi everyone. I have a 2007 F150 5.4 4x4. I have put a new motor and tranny (stock) in and am planning to run Raptor wheels/tires (~34" I believe). My rear end needs a rebuild so I am planning to rebuild with a new limited slip. My questions are:

1. What ring & pinion should I go with? I do quite a bit of highway miles but also blast down dirt roads chasing for the Score races.

2. What limited slip should I go with? I don't have the funds from the ARB air lockers. I want something comfortable on the highway but will help in the dirt.

Thanks for your help!
1: Why do you want a new ring and pinion? Are you wanting a regear or just thinking because you are in there you will replace it? I would suggest a 4.10 if you want a

regear and are just trying to keep the same level of performance that the factory gear/tire combo provided, but remember you also have to change the gears in the front

differential to match the rear which gets quite costly. Also when you regear you will need a tuner to correct the speedometer if you don't already have one.

2: If you have a limited slip already, just buy the rebuild kit from Ford Racing. Get the one they list for the Cobra with the upgraded clutches. A factory LS is all you need

unless you plan to do some serious offroading.

Quick Reply: Need help with R&P and limited slip