4r75e problem

Old 10-20-2013, 02:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4r75e problem

Hi all. New to the forum . I have an 05 f150 xlt with the 4r75e transmission . Out of the blue ,with no warning ,4 days ago it started having what I call a hesitation shifting from 2nd tom 3rd.(Like neutral for a second) Not slipping. If I let off the gas just before it shifts it is fine. If I drive normally it hesitates and then "bang" shift in. If I am right after it, it may or may not shift properly. I just did a total fluid exchange and filter replacement. Found nothing out of the ordinary. Normal light film on the inside of the pan and a little slim on the magnet but NO parts or metal shavings what so ever. I am stumped and can not afford a tranny . Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Old 10-21-2013, 04:03 AM
Ok with out looking at your pressures on your tranny sounds like you may have a couple of check ***** stuck or melted inside of your valve body. Which is pretty comon on the 4r75w. You dont have to drop the trans to fix that problem. Just the valve body and replace the check *****. You will need to get a mew valve body gasket and a seperator gaskets also most of all the check *****. I have changed mine due to being melted. Afterwards was like a new trans again. Also if you choose to do the repair follw the repair guide to the t. Other than that hope this helps you and good luck.

Old 10-29-2013, 11:39 AM
Do you think a shift kit will fix the problem or maybe a new valve body?

Old 11-04-2013, 10:06 AM
I wouldnt do a shift kit. Personally Im not a fan of shift kits. Just get a trans over haul manual on a 4r75w they are not much. So you will have the torque specs. Its not hard to do the job just take your time. You can pick up all the stuff you need from the local ford dealer. Shift kits to me are a band aid in performance. I have built so many aod's and 4r70w's, 4r75w's to hold well over the thousand hp range. Never once have I ever used a shift kit in any of my custom builds. I have worked for ford as a senior master for years. So building a complete drive train from end to end is no problem for me.

Old 11-11-2013, 10:06 AM
It actually isn't doing that now. It seems to be working fine. The only thing that I notice now is it kind of snaps into 3rd. No hesitation anymore. I am actually thinking when I get a few bucks I will just have the valve body replaced. (If needed).

Old 09-23-2014, 09:53 PM
Trans reprogram? 2006 EXPEDITION 4R75E

I had my trans rebuilt a couple months ago. It's working ok but the OD LIGHT has blinked ever since. The shifting seems off after 2nd and my RPM's run at 2400 sometimes at 70 MPH and 2000 RPM's at other times at the same speed. Does the tranny need to be programmed or something? Thanks for any help.

Old 09-24-2014, 01:30 PM
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
No, it doesn't need ot be programmed. You need to get the codes read and find out what's wrong. The places that read codes free CANNOT read these codes. You need either a good independent shop or a Ford dealer.

Old 09-29-2014, 10:21 PM
Yes first see the codes also has it always shifted like that or something just started? And where was this transmission rebuilt at? get the codes and post what came up.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 4r75e problem