Need help with tranny and O/D light flashing!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 11:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help with tranny and O/D light flashing!!

Ok...my 2008 F150 is having a Trans Fault and O/D off light issue. I want to see how long I can drive it in this condition, its been like this since last Sunday. There are no leaks at all, I can put it in gear Park, Neutral, Reverse and Drive with no problem, there are No Noises or Grinding..but it does slip while driving and gives some hesitation when starting and coming to a stop, but once I really gas it, it takes off great...can someone give some advice?? Thanks Trey!

Old 08-24-2013, 12:16 PM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
This thread needs to be moved to the Transmissions forum, I'll contact a moderator to do it.

You need to go to a shop that has a code scanner that can read Ford transmission codes. Without doing that, no advice can be given, that's what the computer is for. When the O/D light flashes and/or you get a Trans Fault, a fault has been detected and it sets a code in the PCM.

Old 08-24-2013, 02:28 PM
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
It MIGHT be something pretty minor and inexpensive to fix. I can guarantee that if you keep driving it like this you will find out how far you can go AND you will get to find out what a transmission rebuild costs.

Quick Reply: Need help with tranny and O/D light flashing!!