Need help! 99 lots of codes stuck in limp home

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 01:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help! 99 lots of codes stuck in limp home

In-laws drove their F150 in from out of town. Everything worked great no problems until they leave. OD light flashing, codes P1747, PO750, PO755, PO743, P1760, PO141, & PO161. I've searched and read other posts about a short on the firewall in the trans harness. I cant see or feel any rubs or wear in the harness. I checked all the fuses under the hood like another post said. I dropped the pan, oil wasn't burnt but there was quite a bit of clutch material on the magnet and filter but oil really seemed clean. It shifts very hard into forward and reverse, and has absolutely no power in forward. Where do I go from here??? Need in-laws outta the house.

Old 06-24-2013, 07:07 AM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
Usually a blown fuse (BJB F23 or F24), the one that provides power to the upstream O2 heaters and the transmission controls. However, when that fuse blows, you usually also get additional circuit fault codes relating to other devices on that circuit. I'd have to look up the particulars for your truck as there are some variations over the years and models, but I don't have the diagrams handy at the moment.

If that fuse is good, then you have an open connection in that wiring harness that powers the circuits in question. You're going to have to get out the diagram and meter and troubleshoot it like a real technician.

Last edited by projectSHO89; 06-24-2013 at 07:13 AM.

Quick Reply: Need help! 99 lots of codes stuck in limp home