4r70w rebuild, now no gear

Old 09-09-2011, 11:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4r70w rebuild, now no gear

I just rebuilt my 4r70w and now it has no gear at all. The idle changes but the gear doesnt engage. I really need it working asap. Please help. The drive shaft is hooked up correctly, the linkage is hooked up, the converter is bolted up. Any help is appreciated. I can put it in drive and rock the truck, it acts like it is in neutral. i dont know what to do

Old 09-18-2011, 02:51 PM
Did you put the correct amount of fluid in it?

Old 09-18-2011, 05:30 PM
To what extend did you rebuild it. Did u take apart the valve body? Did you put the check ***** in the.correct locations? Did you put the valve body Gear selector plunger in the correct position on the selector shaft when reinstalling the valve body? More info please.

Old 09-19-2011, 12:18 PM
possibly rolled a seal.

Old 09-19-2011, 12:22 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
id drop the pan and make sure the filter and Oring are installed correctly

Old 10-03-2011, 09:11 PM
I had my email hacked and didn't imbue I had reaponces. I took it back out, checked some things, has a few clutches out of spec, replaced them. Then pul it back in. I now have a reverse that slips a little going in, a forward that only engages And is weak in high rpm. I put it in 4 low and it slips less and is a little
stronger. I don't know what to do. I really what to just give up and burn the dang thing. And help will be appreciated. I'm tanking it may be a pressure problem or I already burnt the clutches. Mabe a sensor? Any way to check. All I did was replace clutches, new seal for the t-c and bolt it up. The forward and intermediate clutches were shot.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:19 PM
I had my email hacked and didn't know I had responses. I pull it again, replaced a few clutches that were out of spec, then reinstalled. Now I have a reverse that slips when going in, but is strong, a drive that engages in high rpm and isn't strong til like second and slips out easy. In low, it still slips, just alot less. All I did was replace clutches, seals and gaskets. I'm trying to get around the 1400 rebuild fee because I don't have that to put in it. I'm thinking it may be a pressure issue. I don't know. This is my first rebuild and probably my last. Any help is appreciated. I really
Need it to run ASAP. Thank you in advance

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 4r70w rebuild, now no gear