Punisher valve body 4R100 Killer results

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 08:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Punisher valve body 4R100 Killer results

I got my Punisher VB for the 4R100 "street version" and wow what a killer VB screw the factory tech, artt car, and other cheap knock off's on eBay. This thing rocks and leaves a nice patch from 1-2 gear and on the verge of a chirp in the 2-3. This not for guys wanting a mild or tuner type feeling that a custom tune gives. It feels very much like my built z-28's 4l60E did less the stall I had. If you’re easy on the pedal she not bad at all but anything past 30% and you feel it and wot she bites back hard. JJ at wms motorsports sells them for Paul you can find Paul under the user name "the punisher" over at lightningrodder.com you won’t be disappointed

Old 05-19-2015, 02:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just received mine.

Name:  Punisher-Vavle-Body-Street-Version.jpg
Views: 1657
Size:  200.0 KB

I'm going with the F81Z-7A194-BA Transmission pan and Filter YC3Z-7A098-BA
This one is a stock pan with a bottom drain plug. It holds 1.5 more qts of fluid.
Yes, I'm still interested and looking for the elusive M-7195-T Ford Racing pan.

I just got it and don't have it installed yet. I'm really anxious to do this mod.

Anything I should know?

Last edited by Merlin; 05-19-2015 at 02:44 PM.
Old 06-01-2015, 07:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LONG VERSION:

Truthfully, when I first drove the truck after the Punisher Valve Body (street version) was first installed I was a bit disappointed.

Why you ask?

Well, when the install was completed my mechanic friend said "Let's go for a ride". I got behind the wheel and drove the truck through the Ford $tealership parking lot and out on the main street. I went down the road a little distance and turned around and came back. Shifting seemed almost as soft as it was before the VB install.

I could tell a difference but it was very minor. For some reason I had expected to get knocked around at parking lot speeds. You know the list...5 mph annoying tire chirping, whiplash, teeth hitting the windshield and jerking the sun roof door open etc...none of that happened. I will admit there are few other factors that came into play during the initial test drive. The Ford $tealership parking lot was full of slow moving cars. There was a good bit of traffic on the main street. The battery/KAM discharge had not been done yet and there were LOTS of POPO getting their black and whites serviced (So I really didn't want to chirp the tires) at the Ford $tealership.

My mechanic seemed reluctant to unhook power and stated to me that the truck would learn the shifting strategy without having to do that. Well, me being the soft, mellow, reserved, passive person that I am...I quietly convinced him that it would be best if the power was removed and the KAM discharged so the learning process could start a little quicker. He then did these things per my request (probably just to shut me up)...hence my prior post question regarding the tuner, battery disconnect and KAM discharge.

On my way home, a few times there was a little bit of jerk/slam shifting in a couple of gears. I attribute that to my learning the new VB behavior and the truck learning the new VB shifting strategy. By the time I got home everything seemed like it had mellowed out a bit and shifting was much smoother. My initial conclusion...with regular street driving, parking lot speeds etc. it's pretty difficult to tell the VB is in there. It's a bit tighter but it is still pretty mellow.

Now when I got home (and the VB had a little time to learn) I pressed the happy pedal to the floor and lit' em' up. I got a nice long chip out of 2nd and I probably could have chirped 3rd but I ran out of short neighborhood road. This made a BIG happy smile on my face and took lots of slack out of my knickers.

I have no idea why it took me so long to get around to this mod but this is a MUST do!

I got mine via Woodbine Motorsports Help line: 410-259-8737 / Order Line: 410-552-1074
Call JJ or Deborah at WMS they're good peeps and thank you Paul (The Punisher) Nice VB!

* Not my truck and a A1 Tranny Street VB...but you get the idea.

SHORT VERSION:

Normal shifting at regular driving. Slightly firmer than stock.
At WOT hang on to your azz. It shifts hard. Holee Fargan Sheet!
I wish I had done this mod a long time ago. This one is lots of fun!

Last edited by Merlin; 06-01-2015 at 08:39 AM.

Quick Reply: Punisher valve body 4R100 Killer results