Originally Posted by chavez1975
My 2010 F-150 was equipped with a 3.31 gear ratio. I have a few questions that hopefully can be answered.
1. The trans will drop into gear pretty hard when you idle from 50 down to about 30. Is this normal?
2. What are the Pros of this ratio
3. What are the Cons of this ratio.
4. Can anything be done to fix this?
Any info would be great.
1. Could need a program update, see your dealer.
2. Better gas mileage at on the highway.
3. Worse gas mileage in the city and not good for towing except light loads.
4. Fix what, the trannie problem or the cons. For the trannie, see my response. for the ratio cons, in all cases there are going to be pros and cons of each axle ratio. Lower ratio, lower mileage better towing.