Tranmision problems due to broken motor mounts

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 11:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tranmision problems due to broken motor mounts

okay I have a 1994 f150 with the straight 6 2 wheel drive 5 speed manual okay I was driving and it slipped out of 3rd to times then got stuck in 4th then they when I got it out of 4th 1,2,5and reverse worked Enof to get me home but 3,4 didn't now it is stuck in idk what gear and the motor mounts s are obviously broke but my question is what would make it stick in gear and not come out I know it has twisted the hole drive train but one more thing when I last had it started the trany was makeing a noise that sounded like to washes my n a bolt sling around and rubing each other so where should I start looking to find out what all I did mess up my clutch still works that's how I got pulled home so could it be a linkedge or did I rip gears out of it I'm going to start with the mount and see if I line everything back up the trany works but it dought it will if any one has time that has delt with similar problems or can point me in the right direction please feel free to ask for my phone number so I can explane it a little better my name is Kevin thanks to any one who helps it's my daily driver so I need her up and going asap

Old 06-06-2015, 12:22 AM
glc
Received 759 Likes on 703 Posts
Your post is impossible to read and make any sense out of because it's one long runon sentence without any punctuation.

Old 06-06-2015, 12:38 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
I've moved your thread to the transmissions forum because it certainly doesn't belong in the section where you would make suggestions about the forum content.

As best I can tell, your problem started with a transmission that would not stay in gear and now you have broken motor mounts? As glc noted, your "stream of consciousness" post is very hard to follow.

- Jack

Old 06-06-2015, 11:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Buck201749
okay I have a 1994 f150 with the straight 6 2 wheel drive 5 speed manual okay I was driving and it slipped out of 3rd to times then got stuck in 4th then they when I got it out of 4th 1,2,5and reverse worked Enof to get me home but 3,4 didn't now it is stuck in idk what gear and the motor mounts s are obviously broke but my question is what would make it stick in gear and not come out I know it has twisted the hole drive train but one more thing when I last had it started the trany was makeing a noise that sounded like to washes my n a bolt sling around and rubing each other so where should I start looking to find out what all I did mess up my clutch still works that's how I got pulled home so could it be a linkedge or did I rip gears out of it I'm going to start with the mount and see if I line everything back up the trany works but it dought it will if any one has time that has delt with similar problems or can point me in the right direction please feel free to ask for my phone number so I can explane it a little better my name is Kevin thanks to any one who helps it's my daily driver so I need her up and going asap
Okay, I have a 1994 F150 with the straight six, 2WD, 5 speed manual. Okay, I was driving and it slipped out of 3rd two times, then got stuck in 4th. When I got it out of 4th, 1st, 2nd, 5th, and reverse worked enough to get me home, but 3rd and 4th didn't. Now, it's stuck in a gear I don't know.

The motor mounts are obviously broken, but my question is: What would make [the transmission] stick in gear and not come out? I know it has twisted the whole drivetrain.

One more thing, when I had last started [the truck] the transmission was making a noise that sounded like...
??? two washers and a bolt slinging around each other and rubbing ???
... so where should I start looking to find out what I messed up?

My clutch still works (that's how I got pulled home,) so could it be a linkage, or did I rip gears out of it?

I'm going to start with the [engine] mounts and see if [when I] line everything back up the transmission starts working, but I doubt it will.

If anyone has time, has dealt with similar problems, or can point me in the right direction, please feel free to ask for my phone number so I can explain a little better.

My name is Kevin, and thanks to anyone who helps. It's my daily driver, so I need her up and going as soon as possible.

Quick Reply: Tranmision problems due to broken motor mounts