1988 m50d-r2 clutch line differences--watch out!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 08:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 1988 m50d-r2 clutch line differences--watch out!

vehicle- 1988 Ford Bronco 4wd 5.0 and mazda 5 speed transmission

transmission went out (with help) so i dropped it and found the gears all chewed up. ran down to local junk yard and was trying to find the zf transmission, but no luck. so i pulled a m5od-r2 out of a 1991 Bronco. before i could stop him, my helper had cut the clutch line. no big deal, right?

looking back, yea, should have checked BEFORE installing. the fittings looked exactly the same just glancing. here's a picture of what i'm talking about. the one in the upper left corner is off my '88 transmission. the female fitting and the male fitting in the upper right is a '91 model...

the two will NOT interchange..

so right now, not sure what i'm going to do. went back to the junkyard, and couldn't find a newer clutch line. i have the male fitting for the transmission, so maybe a line splice somehow. i've stopped for the night, gonna take a smoke and finish some whiskey and see where my thoughts are then...

any ideas?

anyone know how much psi runs through the lines? i'm having an idea, but not sure if it will hold. think it's more than 700psi?

this is a duplicate post. trying to figure out how to delete the other one?

Old 10-27-2010, 12:30 PM
glc
Received 756 Likes on 702 Posts
Rock Auto sells the whole line assembly, and it's not expensive at all.

Quick Reply: 1988 m50d-r2 clutch line differences--watch out!