06 F150 transmission problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 08:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 f150

Ok here is a update on my situation. I just my truck back from the transmission shop and after putting in a new transmission in my truck the told me it wasn't a transmission problem at all! They told me it was a low grade miss fire I couldn't believe it. I had them change the plugs and wires because I wasn't taking my truck back till it was fixed. It cost 300.00 I have heard the horror stories about the plugs in these trucks, two of mine broke. I hope this helps some one else on here I wasted a lot of money over some plugs! It really felt like a trans issue and I have read tons of people having the same issue I would suggest to anyone having this issue to start with the plugs and wires first I wish I had.

Old 03-17-2017, 05:47 PM
leftylenny

05 f150 4.6 4r75w 137000 fells like its slipping 1st 2nd 3rd

Old 03-17-2017, 09:48 PM
glc
Received 757 Likes on 702 Posts
Originally Posted by leftylenny
05 f150 4.6 4r75w 137000 fells like its slipping 1st 2nd 3rd
Okay.

Old 03-18-2017, 03:10 PM
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
forward clutch

D

Old 03-27-2017, 11:49 AM
Not plugs, but coil pack.

Originally Posted by kneal
Ok here is a update on my situation. I just my truck back from the transmission shop and after putting in a new transmission in my truck the told me it wasn't a transmission problem at all! They told me it was a low grade miss fire I couldn't believe it. I had them change the plugs and wires because I wasn't taking my truck back till it was fixed. It cost 300.00 I have heard the horror stories about the plugs in these trucks, two of mine broke. I hope this helps some one else on here I wasted a lot of money over some plugs! It really felt like a trans issue and I have read tons of people having the same issue I would suggest to anyone having this issue to start with the plugs and wires first I wish I had.

similar trouble, intermittent shudder (miss)130,000 miles, shop could find no trouble, no codes.. after 2 times paying diag fee, a friend hooked up mobile diag laptop, road trip showed number 5 coil pack failing. Replaced all 8 pluss plugs, NO MORE TRANNY yrouble.

Old 03-29-2017, 08:30 AM
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by normjohnson
similar trouble, intermittent shudder (miss)130,000 miles, shop could find no trouble, no codes.. after 2 times paying diag fee, a friend hooked up mobile diag laptop, road trip showed number 5 coil pack failing. Replaced all 8 pluss plugs, NO MORE TRANNY yrouble.
You don't know how many arguments I've been in over this. Also, how many people have replaced transmissions for it and ended up having to fix the real problem still.

People contact me wanting a transmission. Since this is what I do, I take care of that request. They get it installed and have the same problem. I inherit the problem. I tell them what to fix and how to do it and somehow I become the bad guy, even though I didn't sell them on a transmission. They came to me shopping for one.

All I can do is ask what failed when someone contacts me and beat up the forums telling people that a "shudder" is most often ignition related. I also gladly help people try and diagnose their issues up front. Before they spend money they don't have to.

Glad you figured out what it was. Sucks that it's such a long road sometimes. At least you didn't replace the transmission on the way to the solution.

D

Old 04-20-2017, 11:19 PM
Coil and plugs fixed my overdrive shudder on my 2006 SCREW 4X4 Lariat 5.4. Started at 125000 mi fixed it at about 128000 mi and now still running great at 160000 mi+.

Dennis

Old 04-05-2019, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by kneal
I just had my transmission rebuilt because of the exact same issue I was told that it was the valve body losing pressure between third and OD while this has almost completely fixed the issue it has still shuddered a couple times since I have had it back I don't really know what to do because its not doing it very often but it still has a issue and I want it taken care of while its under warranty but I am sure there gonna tell me they cant find anything wrong with it this is my first ford and I love the way it drives but If I cant resolve this issue I think it will be my last I have read a lot of people having the same issue the shudder between 3rd and OD under light load at low rpm.
I had that problem, it was a misfire. It does not trigger the check engine light.
Check the coil pack boots, NAPA sells them if they will answer the phone, Make sure you put them on straight.
Dead giveaway if it happens in high humidity.
Hope that helps

Old 06-06-2019, 11:30 AM
only run motorcraft spark plugs and wires. Also I would recommend doing a full tune up and just to go ahead and buy the coil pack as well. putting motorcraft plugs and coilpack puts the truck back to its original form. I cant even tell you how many bosch spark plugs ive been through in my ford f150. I think the bosch spark plugs that I had put in my truck maybe lasted one week.

Quick Reply: 06 F150 transmission problems