Go Back   F150online Forums > Powertrain & Mechanical > Transmissions
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Old 08-09-2009, 05:48 PM

P1728 w/ flashing OD light

Not an F150, a 1997 F250 PSD 4x4. The tech feedback in my PSD forum is pretty lame...

I'm getting the P1728 code and the flashing OD light. If I reset the code and allow the truck to cool, the code will stay gone until some unpredictable time it decides to come back. I never notice any inclination of a slip or give in the tranny. But once the light starts flashing, it starts shifting hard. This same thing happened in another vehicle I had and it was solenoids. I stopped by a local dealer and managed to get their tranny tech to come out and talk to me, and he agreed is was likely something else besides actual slipping in the gears. However it would take a $89 diagnostics test to be for sure. Either way I'm still a seeking advice from anybody who has more experience with this issue. P1728 is the only code I get, and no noticeable problems from the drive ability of the truck.

any help would be appreciated, especially from Factory_Tech as a friend of mine said you were the one to talk to.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:55 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Ford F150
http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/...-p1728-178022/

Pay particular attention to Mark Kovalsky's replies.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glc View Post
http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/...-p1728-178022/

Pay particular attention to Mark Kovalsky's replies.
I've read this post, it's one of the first that comes up on google, but I just don't understand this. I never have any slip, and a Ford mechanic said if there was slip in the trans I would notice it. I also don't understand if the TC is slipping, then why does it shift so hard after throwing the code?
Old 08-10-2009, 03:27 PM