Yellow plunger sitting loose in tranny pan ???

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 08:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
How's the tranny doing? No problems since the fluid change?
Workin' good - hauled our camping trailer on 3 vacation trips, with two of them into the Blue Ridge and Smokies, and it never missed a beat - or a shift! Also done several road trips at highway speeds. Tranny shifts smooth and easy - unless I'm hard on the gas pedal, it's hard to tell when it shifts.

Old 08-03-2013, 03:12 PM
Yellow Plunger

So my blood pressure can go down now. Thanks for that info, I was freaking.

Old 07-26-2014, 03:44 PM
Just pulled my pan and sure enough there was that little yellow plunger thingy. Now I have heard about Pintos but thought what the h---! I'll check it anyway just in case. Put it under the looking glass and the inscription reads, "Horny as hell and locked in a Tampico Jail!"
Gave up on the Pinto but am now mulling the prospect that the person in this predicument may be female.
Just don't have a clue where to turn to next! The possibilities are endless!
Been getting pretty good tech info here so I figure ya'll know answers so..........

Old 07-26-2014, 04:17 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by lesfrd
Just pulled my pan and sure enough there was that little yellow plunger thingy. Now I have heard about Pintos but thought what the h---! I'll check it anyway just in case. Put it under the looking glass and the inscription reads, "Horny as hell and locked in a Tampico Jail!" Gave up on the Pinto but am now mulling the prospect that the person in this predicument may be female. Just don't have a clue where to turn to next! The possibilities are endless! Been getting pretty good tech info here so I figure ya'll know answers so..........
are you asking a question? If so, what is it. I can give advice on the yellow thingy and the convict.

Old 07-28-2014, 08:13 PM
Yeah, well.....I'm guessing the fit about the thingy is probably played out so guess all that's left is the convict!
I'm thinking the handwriting on the "o" ring of the thingy was a very fine script much like a female. Not to mention the slight wiff of perfume on th thingy itself! Finally the thing that most has me trying to talk my RB into doing a vacation in Tampico next winter. That would be the unmistakable French accent of the message. Those French girls are still lookers, ain't they?
By-th-way! I can use advise on anything so brang it on. Since this issue is so very crutial I think it would be very good public service to resolve it so however the issue is resolved it's gotta be a leap for mankind!

Last edited by lesfrd; 07-28-2014 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Some of the fog cleared!
Old 07-28-2014, 09:28 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
My advice is to chunk the yellow thingy along with thoughts of the female convict into the nearest trash receptacle. Do you really expect her to be very feminine? If doubt any perfume survived that many miles in tranny fluid. So, she probably smells like tranny fluid herself and it's your imagination doing the wiffing. Odd that the use of the word tranny would bring up mental pictures at this juncture.

I doubt you will take my advice, so be sure and keep us informed how your adventure plays out.

Old 08-30-2014, 12:05 AM
Ford tranny

I have a 2002 ford f-150 5.4 4x4 the tranny (i thought)went out on me but I let it set for a few minutes and it drove normal for about an 8th of a mile and went out again so it's just sitting behind my house and I go out and drive it one a week and it seems as soon as the fluid heats up it goes out again until it cools off then drives till warm again and so forth so does anyone know if it's my tranny or maybe a coolant or vacuum pressure I'm not a transmission expert by any means so if anyone has an idea please let me know thanks

Old 10-21-2014, 08:38 PM
when transmission shifts into overdrive at lower speeds it jerks what might be the cause of that

Old 10-22-2014, 12:28 AM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
Originally Posted by camogirl
when transmission shifts into overdrive at lower speeds it jerks what might be the cause of that
Wrong thread for that question. However, you probably have a low grade misfire.

What year and engine is your truck? How many miles on the spark plugs? Please start a new thread in the appropriate section for your year truck and answer those questions.

Old 12-02-2014, 02:13 PM
does the filter have some kind of o ring

does the filter have some sort of O ring on it

Old 12-03-2014, 09:53 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by fordkroll98f150
does the filter have some sort of O ring on it
Yes it does.
When removing the old filter check the filter tube to make sure the o-ring came out with it. If not it is still inside of the filter mounting hole and you MUST remove it before installing the new filter.

Old 05-26-2015, 11:00 AM

WOW. Thanks so much for this post. I discovered this in my recent F150 acquisition. Now I know after 130k miles, the previous owner never serviced the transmission.

I searched multiple methods and even did a "Google Image" search, to no avail. I put my pan back on, crossed my fingers and hoped for the best.

Forgive that I posted the image again, but I hope the slightly better image will be seen by others with this perplexing question.

Arthur

Old 05-26-2015, 01:45 PM
glc
the previous owner never serviced the transmission.
You don't know that, it may have been exchanged with a machine without a pan drop.

Old 05-26-2015, 09:30 PM
Not my first rodeo, and when the ATF looks like used motor oil, I'd say it's about the same as never. Still happy to learn the origin of this plug, though.

Old 05-26-2015, 10:22 PM
glc
If your ATF looked that bad, I hope you did a complete exchange and not just a pan drop.

Quick Reply: Yellow plunger sitting loose in tranny pan ???