Broken 1-2 Accumulator Seal

Old 01-18-2009, 12:20 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Broken 1-2 Accumulator Seal

Just rebuilt my tranny. When shifting down 2 gears like when flooring it when it kicks down it slips but while shifting down 1 gear it is fine. I was told it was pressure loss.

Took the tranny apart and noticed the 1st 1-2 accumulator snap ring was almost out of the grooves and there was a cut in the seal from the snap ring which would probally cause a great pressure loss and fluid loss. So I am just gonna replace that and also the pump rings.

If the 1-2 Accumulator seal was broken wouldnt it loose pressure and cause this kickdown slip?

Thanks

Old 01-18-2009, 11:23 AM
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Yes, that could do it. If left like that for too long it can do a whole lot worse too.

You have to be careful installing those. Make sure the bore, the accumulator and the cap are all very well lubricated with either transmission fluid or assumbly gel when you put it together.

I got one back as a core where somebody actually put the cap in upside down. You wouldn't believe the damage. They must have run it that way more than just around the block. LOL

Darrin

Old 01-19-2009, 11:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We changed the 1-2 accumulator and pump rings and the tranny does great except for the kickdown from 2nd to 1st It slips. This is the only gear that slips and it is only downshifting or kickdown 2nd to 1st.

Could a loose clutchpack during rebuild cause this? What could?

A kickdown cable, valve? ANything?

Help VERY much appreciated

Last edited by Aubtigrz2010; 01-19-2009 at 11:44 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Broken 1-2 Accumulator Seal