Question about downshift hesitation

Old 03-20-2008, 08:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about downshift hesitation

My 2006 Lariat seems to be slightly hesitating when automatically downshifting, but only at certain times. For example, if I am slowing down off of an interstate exit and put my foot on the gas to accelerate, there is a slight hesitation when the transmission drops into a lower gear to accelerate more rapidly. Nothing slips. It seems to be consistent from shifts b/w 4 and 3 only.

Anyone know if this is normal operation? Thanks in advance for the input

Old 03-20-2008, 09:34 PM
Well have you had a tranny sevice recently? But the hesitation is fairly common, a good custom tune can fix that though.

Old 03-20-2008, 09:43 PM
I just bought the truck used. Supposedly, the dealer did a good tranny inspection, but you never know. Thanks for the reply. I'll just have to keep my eye on it and see how it does.

Old 03-25-2008, 09:37 PM
My 04 lariat is doing the same exact thing. I had the fluid flushed at the dealer, no change. Had the plugs and coils looked at and tested, looked fine. Mechanic could not replicate. Gonna try the synthetic route and gear oil replacement and see if that helps. Also take a look at the MAF sensor. Gonna clean it this weekend. Good luck.

Old 03-26-2008, 08:31 AM
Originally Posted by speakerboy
My 04 lariat is doing the same exact thing. I had the fluid flushed at the dealer, no change. Had the plugs and coils looked at and tested, looked fine. Mechanic could not replicate. Gonna try the synthetic route and gear oil replacement and see if that helps. Also take a look at the MAF sensor. Gonna clean it this weekend. Good luck.
I've done some more research...talked to other owners, talked to the dealers, etc. I think it is generally a characteristic of the vehicle. It only seems to happen at certain speeds and RPMs. I can actually control it if I'm careful. Hopefully it's not a problem. I've got an extended warranty if it becomes a problem in the future.

Good luck with your '04. Let me know if you find anything out.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Question about downshift hesitation