TCC Solenoid location

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 01:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TCC Solenoid location

Could someone please tell me where the TCC solenoid is located on a 1999 Ford F-150 4.6.
Thanks in advance,
wtmjr

Last edited by wtmjr36; 01-14-2008 at 04:06 PM.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:05 PM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
Inside the transmission on the main control body.

Old 01-14-2008, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by projectSHO89
Inside the transmission on the main control body.
So it can be changed by taking off the transpan correct?

Old 01-15-2008, 02:19 PM
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Yes, it is the single solenoid on the valve body that you get to by removing the screw that holds down the double solenoid pack that contains the shift solenoids. Drain the fluid, take off the pan and harness and you can remove that 10mm head screw and remove just the TCC.

It's the single round solenoid that is on the bottom of the valve body. Here is a pic of an old style setup, but you will get the idea. It looks almost exactly the same on the newer stuff except for harness differences and bolt location to hold the shift solenoid pack.

Darrin

Old 01-15-2008, 04:23 PM
Thanks a bunch for the info.

Old 01-21-2008, 01:01 AM
Just wondering why you are changing it?

Old 02-04-2008, 01:11 PM
Originally Posted by elcamino12sec
Just wondering why you are changing it?
Came up as a problem on my code reader. Now my high gear just went out. Not sure if the TCCS will help it but im going to go ahead and give it a shot.

Old 02-04-2008, 01:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TCC change

Originally Posted by Darrin Burch
Yes, it is the single solenoid on the valve body that you get to by removing the screw that holds down the double solenoid pack that contains the shift solenoids. Drain the fluid, take off the pan and harness and you can remove that 10mm head screw and remove just the TCC.

It's the single round solenoid that is on the bottom of the valve body. Here is a pic of an old style setup, but you will get the idea. It looks almost exactly the same on the newer stuff except for harness differences and bolt location to hold the shift solenoid pack.

Darrin
We have chatted a few times and I appreciate the info sir. I think I am going to order the TCC solenoid and a shift kit as well. I am not looking to get a performance kit, I just want to replace the accumulators in the valve body. Any recommendations? This is referring to my post "motor dies in drive". The OD light is not flashing, but could there still be a code in the transmission? Should I be pissed that Ford only read the PCM and not the transmission too when I specifically requested them to do so? There is a company in Florida that has some re-mans for $979 but I did not verify it has a torque converter. I am on the verge of ordering it if I end up needing to rebuild it. I am looking at $1700 for a shop to rebuild. If it does come to that I would rather just swap the tranny for a new one.
Thanks

Old 02-04-2008, 01:47 PM
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by malexander52
Should I be pissed that Ford only read the PCM and not the transmission too when I specifically requested them to do so?
The PCM is what controls the transmission. If they read those codes the trans codes are included. The trans itself doesn't have any software or store any codes, it's all in the PCM.

Old 02-04-2008, 02:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn

Originally Posted by Mark Kovalsky
The PCM is what controls the transmission. If they read those codes the trans codes are included. The trans itself doesn't have any software or store any codes, it's all in the PCM.
If that is the case, then I must be having a mechanical failure in the transmission. Read my post "motor dies in drive" to catch up.

Quick Reply: TCC Solenoid location