tranny leak

Old 05-21-2007, 11:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tranny leak

yesterday i was changin oil on my 2000 f 150 with the 5.4 and i noticed there was some oil buildup back around the tranny area i don't know for sure wat is leaking it look to me like it was coming from the seal right where the output shaft comes out but i am not for sure does anyone have any idea its not leaking bad like no puddles underneath while its parked and i checked the tranny level and it was full so if anyone has any ideas i would appreciate the information thanks

Old 05-21-2007, 10:26 PM
my 00 harley pickup does that too i looked up on the web and found that there is not a recall on it but if it was under warranty that they would fix it. i guess there is a updated drive shaft, output shaft seal and bearing and houseing. mine is starting to leak alittle more than i would like if it sits for a few days i will have a couple drops on the ground.

Old 05-22-2007, 02:01 PM
aaa so there is an update kit huh through ford i am guessing i just recently put a custom tune chip in with a harsh shift i didn't know if taht screwed sumtin up or wut but thanks for the info

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: tranny leak