Trans Slipping???

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 08:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Trans Slipping???

Sometimes when the truck hasn't warmed up all the way, if I stomp it, it acts like the converter is stalling up...

Any ideas???

By the way I have a Edge programmer and huge wheels w/ 3.55 gears...

Probibly need gears...Or is it the programmer???

Old 04-23-2007, 02:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my tranny failed this weekend and the dealership said the edge performance chip was the reason. im trying to figure out if it is true......

Old 04-24-2007, 10:17 AM
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by G-NOTE
Sometimes when the truck hasn't warmed up all the way, if I stomp it, it acts like the converter is stalling up...

Any ideas???

By the way I have a Edge programmer and huge wheels w/ 3.55 gears...

Probibly need gears...Or is it the programmer???
Cold shift mode keeps the converter from locking up until its warm. I bet thats what you are feeling. If so then its normal.

Darrin

Old 04-24-2007, 10:21 AM
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by 04_f150_owner
my tranny failed this weekend and the dealership said the edge performance chip was the reason. im trying to figure out if it is true......
It is probably somewhere in the vicinity of 100% not true. If they see aftermarket programmers then they like to carry on about voiding the warranty. Take it out and take it to another dealer and hope the original SM didn't put it in the report.

Just an FYI for everyone, SCT products go in and out without a trace. They clear the stuff out of the computer when they are done. The thing is that you have to drive your truck to get rid of the P1000 code or tell them that you had the battery disconnected to take it to autozone and test it since the truck was acting like the battery was low or something.

Darrin

Quick Reply: Trans Slipping???