Need Replacement Converter (how much$$?)

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 10:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Replacement Converter (how much$$?)

Well, i have decided to replace the converter in my truck while the motor is out..Though i am not 100% certain the sudder is the converter, i would like to beleive its the wires, i am taking my chances ..

so i called the local ford dealer and a replacement for my 98 4.6 was $400..

this seems highb to me, but i have been out of the loop for a while, and i am sure like everything else prices go up..
just seems for that price i could be looking at a perormance or upgrade converter, wich i dont really need..Although this truck may see some light towing action..

can anyone recomend a good replacment converter at a decent price..where does everyone go?? i have already checked out TCI, but there cheapest converter is around $500 ithink

thanks a bunch
Chris

Old 03-18-2007, 11:44 PM
$400 for a stock replacement is crazy, I build them for half that all the time.
Alan

Originally Posted by we287gn
Well, i have decided to replace the converter in my truck while the motor is out..Though i am not 100% certain the sudder is the converter, i would like to beleive its the wires, i am taking my chances ..

so i called the local ford dealer and a replacement for my 98 4.6 was $400..

this seems highb to me, but i have been out of the loop for a while, and i am sure like everything else prices go up..
just seems for that price i could be looking at a perormance or upgrade converter, wich i dont really need..Although this truck may see some light towing action..

can anyone recomend a good replacment converter at a decent price..where does everyone go?? i have already checked out TCI, but there cheapest converter is around $500 ithink

thanks a bunch
Chris

Old 03-19-2007, 04:13 PM
Thanks for the heads up, i thought it was high priced..Guess i really found out when i asked for a set of motorcraft wires and plugs, talking bout 8 bucks a plug and 150 for wires..lol i thought autozone was ripping me at 4 bucks a plug.

anywho i have a line on local shop, just need to wait to find out pricing tomorow, hopefully they will know about the shudder problem.dont want to have it rebiult and them not touch the TCC part of it

thanks
Chris

Old 03-21-2007, 06:02 PM
well autozone looks to be able to special order some converters for $150 area

local shop wants to get $200 to rebiuld mine..

man i wish i new for certain after reading so many posts on tuneups solving the shudder

but i also get the big bang along with it

any advice would be greatly appreciated and considered..this job is now looking like it will cost more

think my block is cracked now

Chris

Old 03-22-2007, 03:47 AM
Originally Posted by we287gn
well autozone looks to be able to special order some converters for $150 area

local shop wants to get $200 to rebiuld mine..

man i wish i new for certain after reading so many posts on tuneups solving the shudder

but i also get the big bang along with it

any advice would be greatly appreciated and considered..this job is now looking like it will cost more

think my block is cracked now

Chris
Give me a call (513) 898-1580 I'll be more than happy to fill you in on converters.
Alan

Quick Reply: Need Replacement Converter (how much$$?)