slight "slip" starting out in 1st gear - normal?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 06:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slight "slip" starting out in 1st gear - normal?

my 03 Ex 4.6l has 45K miles. I've just recently noticed that when moving very slowly, like turning a corner and no gas is being applied, when I do give it gas, there is a very short rev where I can hear the engine and "feel" it rev, but I do not accelerate - like the tranny isn't engaged. Then it catches and off we go. I feels a little disconcerting.

Just wondering if that is normal. Oh, also I am running TP custom 93 tune. Not sure if that has anything to do with it or not. I was also thinking about changing the tranny fluid. I am not the first owner and I thought it might be good to get a fresh batch of trans oil.

So is that little slip ok, or should that be investigated further?

Old 03-07-2007, 07:46 PM
Ok most definately not something just to laugh at...It first of all is annoying because it will Jerk the truck. You do not have enough trans fluid in it. bring it in before it gets serious. I had a bad leak and am lucky I brought it in in time. Anyway go get it looked at make sure the seal that keeps the trans fluid in isn't broken.

Old 03-08-2007, 04:08 PM
my truck tends to jerk alot too. i looked at the rear diff. and it has a wet spot on it. could it be that im leaking fluid?

Quick Reply: slight "slip" starting out in 1st gear - normal?