Something funny is going on

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 08:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Something funny is going on

My 97 f150 is having problems when i go to slow down it shifts up not down and you have to mash on down on the gas to get it to pick up its not slipping or anything but somethings not right and it shifts into overdrive at 45mph it just shifts up so fast its real weak at low end unless your at a dead stop

Old 03-01-2007, 10:31 AM
I have the same problem with my 94. When I'm cruising and I come to the slightest incline, it downshifts and then upshifts bringing my RPM's way down, then I have to give alot more gas to maintain speed. No codes are coming up so I'll have to get a service manual to see if there's an adjustment on the throttle cable or TPS. Also wondering if it's a MAP sensor or a transmission sensor???

Old 03-01-2007, 03:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey ricky rocket.i had the same problem on dakota. tranny cable kept falloing off the spring up on the throttle body. i had to mickey mouse it. i had to floor it to get it to upshift. not sure if the 97 has a cable. ive been lucky with mine so far.

Old 03-10-2007, 02:06 PM
my 98 does the same thing i notice mine does it when in traffic for example
if a car turns in front of you and you slow down then try to gradually accelerate it up shifts stalling the engine then you have to mash the throttle way down to get to down shift and then its like your abusing it mione has done this since ive had this truck ive owned chevy till now love my ford but transmission is strange

Quick Reply: Something funny is going on