Mechanical mileage readout quit....

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 09:50 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mechanical mileage readout quit....

Hey guys, my mileage readout quit working as well as the trip meter. The readout is not the electronic kind, it is the old school kind where the numbers actually flip. The needle to tell you how fast you are going still works, so I am going to guess that its not the cable or the gear in the transmission. It worked up until I pumped gas and reset my trip meter and now it is stuck where it was when I reset it at: 209,07X right between the 5 and 6. If I wasnt so **** and didnt change my oil and stuff it wouldnt matter to me but it is eating me to no end. Anyone ever had this happen? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Old 01-18-2007, 10:22 PM
Happened to me once or twice before, when going down the highway, I just gave a quick poke at the reset button, maybe a couple, and it started back up again.

Old 01-18-2007, 11:09 PM
How about a piece of tape ........ sorry couldn't resist.

Maybe a few hard pushes and quick releases might help as your driving down a clear road.

Old 01-19-2007, 12:00 AM
Suspended
I tried repeatedly pushing the reset button and tapping at it. I put about 300 miles on it after I realized it quit flipping, and about 30 miles before I noticed. Maybe if I change it out? Just trying to be sure the problem is with the guage cluster and not something else. I know it would be very easy to swap guage clusters though. I had to take the whole dash out to change the heater core 40,000 miles ago.

Quick Reply: Mechanical mileage readout quit....