solenoid in transmission

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 06:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
solenoid in transmission

I have recieved a code that the shift solenoid "b" is bad and that when I checked into replacing it I would have to change the solenoid pack for my transmission (99 f150 4.2 liter reg. cab). I was able to get a new solenoid pack and was wondering how dificult is it to replace...when I remove the pan will it be pretty straight forward or will I have some issues to be concerned with. Thanks meh129

Old 01-15-2007, 07:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a 97 4R70R (I believe same as you) and replaced the solenoid pack a couple months ago. It is very easy to do thru the pan, just be careful as the wiring harness clips can be fragile. Obviously replace the filter while you are in there if it has any age on it.

Originally Posted by meh129
I have recieved a code that the shift solenoid "b" is bad and that when I checked into replacing it I would have to change the solenoid pack for my transmission (99 f150 4.2 liter reg. cab). I was able to get a new solenoid pack and was wondering how dificult is it to replace...when I remove the pan will it be pretty straight forward or will I have some issues to be concerned with. Thanks meh129

Quick Reply: solenoid in transmission